Prime Brisket $3.98lb

BowDown

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
FYI, Sam's Club Dallas area has Prime Briskets for $3.98 lb

20210804_102448.jpg

20210804_102435.jpg

I was at my local Costco today. Prime brisket was $8.99/lb! Same cut of meat, $5.00 more per pound. I left it right where it was. I have one from Wild Fork thawing in my fridge right now that was $4.98/lb and I felt that was high. Pork back ribs were $5.40/lb. I left those too. However they DID have beef plate ribs, the 3 bone racks, choice grade for $5.99/lb. I left those too because I have a rack of prime grade in my freezer and I have limited freezer space. Crazy times for meat.

Prime brisket was $8.99lb last week, both Sams and Costco have it on sale this week.
Funny thing is Choice is $4.99 lb. I'll probably buy a couple more

I just paid $3.89 lb at Costco for Prime brisket. I bought two lol. I have had my Bull for a couple months and have been wanting to cook a brisket on this thing. Last couple months our Costco has only had Choice brisket and it was $9.99 lb. Hard pass for me lol. I’ve done a few choice briskets in the past and they never turn out as good as the Prime ones. No interest in spending that much time and money on a cook knowing it probably won’t turn out as well as I would like 😂. Looking forward to my cook tomorrow, will post some pics.

I just paid $3.89 lb at Costco for Prime brisket. I bought two lol. I have had my Bull for a couple months and have been wanting to cook a brisket on this thing. Last couple months our Costco has only had Choice brisket and it was $9.99 lb. Hard pass for me lol. I’ve done a few choice briskets in the past and they never turn out as good as the Prime ones. No interest in spending that much time and money on a cook knowing it probably won’t turn out as well as I would like 😂. Looking forward to my cook tomorrow, will post some pics.
I just checked my Costco and it was $4.99, going in the right direction.

When I went today our Costco only had Wagyu briskets. Also no baby back ribs except the ones that are already seasoned. Stopped at Wild Fork and got some beef ribs and a couple of new york strips. There beef ribs were $2 more a lb than Costco so hopefully they are better. I noticed you have to really watch it in the store. They have all the steaks in one place and there are 3 o 4 different kinds with prices of course all over the place. Like the ones I got they had grass fed or angus to choose from plus they had select, choice or prime. The labels all look about the same. I also don't like how they don't put prices on the meat, just how many lbs it is.

For those complaining about Costco doing the needle tenderizing, I noticed some of the wild fork steaks say they are needle tenderized on the package.

I picked up a prime 12 pounder from Costco yesterday. Same $3.98/lb. Good marbling. Yesterday afternoon, I mentioned it to two other neighbors during our afternoon doggie play-date /cocktail hour. They are getting theirs today.

I think I'll cook it tonight to finish Saturday.

Costco definitely has regional pricing. Over here in my local store this was the price last Thursday for prime brisket.

Attachments

• A9590C55-F86E-4B51-8E7E-F5562E39B887.jpeg
    A9590C55-F86E-4B51-8E7E-F5562E39B887.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back