Bull Precise temp setings on the new app

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
The new app looks nice, but having to little circle for the temperature setting as opposed to being able to enter the number makes it difficult to get a precise temperature for your probes or grill. Am I missing something?

The new app looks nice, but having to little circle for the temperature setting as opposed to being able to enter the number makes it difficult to get a precise temperature for your probes or grill. Am I missing something?
I'm assuming you're on iOS?

On Android it's a circle ⭕ with a + or - on either side. It's a real PITA. You have to hit one of those to change the temp in 5 degree increments. (20 times to raise 100 degrees), or hold them down to quicken it (I think).

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're on iOS?

On Android it's a circle ⭕ with a + or - on either side. It's a real PITA. You have to hit one of those to change the temp in 5 degree increments. (20 times to raise 100 degrees), or hold them down to quicken it (I think).
Hold down the +/- button to change the setting, no need to press multiple times. That also avoids extra notifications (when they're working).

And yes, an option to type in the number would be nice - but RT isn't alone in skipping that.

I've found that if using the temp control as a slider, turning my phone sideways in landscape mode helps a lot.

My biggest beef with the new app is the power button. When in the world would you make it that easy to accidentally turn it off? I've done it twice now while putting my phone in my pocket!

I hope RecTec looks at the feedback on these forums. This new interface on the app sucks. Trying to set the temp using that stupid slider is frustrating and I finally gave up. I just set it to close enough because I couldn’t get it to where I wanted it. They should really do some usability tests before releasing such a horrible interface.

Also, like someone else mentioned why would they put the power button so easily accessible to accidentally power off the grill? It’s too easy to hit on accident and shut off the grill.

What was wrong with the previous interface? I’d rather be able to enter the temp I want and also use a slider to turn off the grill so it’s purposeful and not accidental.

I like the grill and have been a fan but don’t make changes to the SW just to make changes.

I honestly do not know if they check here, or if they do, how often they might do that.

This is probably NOT the place to expect RT to see feed back. 🤷‍♂️

I hope RecTec looks at the feedback on these forums. This new interface on the app sucks. Trying to set the temp using that stupid slider is frustrating and I finally gave up. I just set it to close enough because I couldn’t get it to where I wanted it. They should really do some usability tests before releasing such a horrible interface.

Also, like someone else mentioned why would they put the power button so easily accessible to accidentally power off the grill? It’s too easy to hit on accident and shut off the grill.

What was wrong with the previous interface? I’d rather be able to enter the temp I want and also use a slider to turn off the grill so it’s purposeful and not accidental.

I like the grill and have been a fan but don’t make changes to the SW just to make changes.
Don't count on them seeing feedback on these forums. Leave a review on the app store. They read all of those.
Call them. They love getting feedback. Tell them what you want to see.

Don't count on them seeing feedback on these forums. Leave a review on the app store. They read all of those.
Call them. They love getting feedback. Tell them what you want to see.
Well, there are literally tons of reviews giving it one star for the last month or so. I guess they are not that interested in or motivated to provide a quick fix.

Well, there are literally tons of reviews giving it one star for the last month or so. I guess they are not that interested in or motivated to provide a quick fix.
One of those is mine. They contacted me shortly after I left the review. I then spoke at length to the rep who seemed very interested in what all they could do to improve.

As frustrating as it is, it's unfortunately not always as simple as doing a "quick fix". Software releases can take time to go through the process.

I don’t know if this is possible but it would be helpful in my opinion if we could retain an app that we like. Then all the folks who enjoy a different interface every few months can have what they like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back