Potential RecTec 1070 buyer

DannyDNJ

Want to upgrade from CampChef for new outdoor kitchen/bbq setup. The 1070 inserted into the cabinet/bar is appealing, front load pellets, but can't find reviews on 1070 and also seeing alot of temp swing issues. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It's pretty early in the game for reviews. There are a few folks here that already have a 1070, but they seem to still be early in the experimentation phase. I'm willing to bet that those folks will chime in during the week.

Thank you and appreciate the reply. Funny that the new models the past year seem great great but get a lot of issues mentioned in the reviews compared to older models. The new Traeger Summit has a lotof great ideas and looked at reviews.... lots of issues. Good advice, CampChef for a bit more time. Thank you for your service too.

I've only done burn in and cooked some thighs on mine so far. Comes up to temp quickly, worked great. I've got other posts here about the horrible shipping experience I had. The grill though is solid and works great so far. 250 to 400 took 3-4 minutes. Tons of smoke at 250. If it had been a perfect shipment first time 'round - I'd probably be a huge Recteq fanboy. The stuff I sent back was - well, bad enough that I sent it back. For the unit I ended up with, I'd give it pretty high marks.

I've only done burn in and cooked some thighs on mine so far. Comes up to temp quickly, worked great. I've got other posts here about the horrible shipping experience I had. The grill though is solid and works great so far. 250 to 400 took 3-4 minutes. Tons of smoke at 250. If it had been a perfect shipment first time 'round - I'd probably be a huge Recteq fanboy. The stuff I sent back was - well, bad enough that I sent it back. For the unit I ended up with, I'd give it pretty high marks.
Thanks for the insight. Reading a good number of damage shipments on other manufacturers products too. Waiting and tracking performance is best. CampChef is still working and have Weber kettle and gas so not in a pinch but will not wait too long to pick from the next level up brands out there.

Last edited:
Next level up brands would add at least a thousand dollars to the bill, unless you have brands other than Mak and Yoder in mind. Neck and neck were grilla grills; that's where I was going to go next if this didn't work out for me. I'd be stepping away from all stainless though.
With the shipping nightmare behind me, I am happy with the grill. Not a direct quote but @sdynak alluded on a different thread; it's good but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because I don't want Recteq's problems to reflect on me and hurt my credibility with other people.

It's already on it's way; might as well try and make it work.
Hope you don't break my record - 2 grills, 3 cabinets.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back