Pizza on the 700

tjkj93

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I really like the Rec Tec for cooking pizza. Purchased 2 18 inch pizza pans that have holes at the bottom for venting. Awesome crust and taste. The family prefers these to delivery.
450B5339-EC97-4852-B6F3-FD48FEA1CDB7.jpeg
A538D089-91CD-4CDD-AC3A-B33397F34D60.jpeg
D2E2084D-0959-4B1A-9837-FEB4398FD9E0.jpeg
A538D089-91CD-4CDD-AC3A-B33397F34D60.jpeg

Looks great.

We just did our first pizza in the Rec Tec RT-700 about a week ago. It turned out great as well.

Those pizza's look great tj. Nice job. I still have not cooked a pizza on the pit yet. I did try a calzone one night, and that turned out to be a mistake. Not the pit, definite user error. Hahaha.

I got a BBQ chicken pizza from Papa Murphy’s on Wednesday and it was really good. I have a pizza stone that’s about 1/4” thick that I put in the grill when I fired it up. I let it get up to temp and go for 15 more minutes. I put the pizza on for 10 minutes with the paper tray still under it on top of the stone. After 10 minutes, it looked like it was almost done. I spun the pizza around and removed the paper tray. I let it go another 5 minutes and it was done. The crust was dark and I thought I cooked it too long. I was surprised to find that it was slightly crunchy. I’m doing another pizza today. This one is bigger and would overhang the stone so I don’t think I will use the stone. I can’t wait.

I got a BBQ chicken pizza from Papa Murphy’s on Wednesday and it was really good. I have a pizza stone that’s about 1/4” thick that I put in the grill when I fired it up. I let it get up to temp and go for 15 more minutes. I put the pizza on for 10 minutes with the paper tray still under it on top of the stone. After 10 minutes, it looked like it was almost done. I spun the pizza around and removed the paper tray. I let it go another 5 minutes and it was done. The crust was dark and I thought I cooked it too long. I was surprised to find that it was slightly crunchy. I’m doing another pizza today. This one is bigger and would overhang the stone so I don’t think I will use the stone. I can’t wait.
I’ve thought about Papa Murphy’s but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7three7
Back