Pig Out šŸ–

.99 shoulder and .59 smoked shank ham this week at the local supermarket.
3.99 Chuck roast.

Bacon still hovering around $8 lb. locally. Wonder why demand is falling

.99 shoulder and .59 smoked shank ham this week at the local supermarket.
3.99 Chuck roast.
Wish I could get that here. Shoulders and shank hams are about $1.98 a pound when on sale and I just bought a chuck roast for $6.67 a pound. Just bought chicken for $2.82 a pound so I was happy that came down some finally and bought a bunch for the freezer.

The first thing I thought of when the article said there was an oversupply of pork and chicken was why haven't the prices came down at all. They have, just not in my area I guess.

Wish I could get that here. Shoulders and shank hams are about $1.98 a pound when on sale and I just bought a chuck roast for $6.67 a pound. Just bought chicken for $2.82 a pound so I was happy that came down some finally and bought a bunch for the freezer.

The first thing I thought of when the article said there was an oversupply of pork and chicken was why haven't the prices came down at all. They have, just not in my area I guess.
When prices go up do the ever really come down? šŸ˜•

Edit: Black Friday and Cyber Monday, sorry I forgot.

When prices go up do the ever really come down? šŸ˜•

Edit: Black Friday and Cyber Monday, sorry I forgot.
That, they do not and for Black Friday and Cyber Monday they jack the standard prices up higher to mark them down more to be the same price.

I'm at a loss, too! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Iā€™m a Prime/Choice snob on some cuts of beef, but not brisket. I have a 13# Choice brisket from Kroger thawing right now to go on the smoker tomorrow. Iā€™ll not turn down Prime brisket if itā€™s an option, but otherwise I wonā€™t pay a big premium for it. Also, donā€™t get me started on buying Wagyu brisket. Made that mistake onceā€¦

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back