Trailblazer Picked Up and Burned In (With Troubles)

Simarti28

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Picked up my RT-340 Silver package today! UPS wasn’t going to deliver until Monday so I called them today and they said I could come pick it up, fortunately the service center is only 5 miles away.

I did want to share that I had some issues with the auger not turning, right out of the box. I called RECTEC and they said to remove the grate underneath the pellet hopper and check all connections then call back, they were good. I could hear an electrical “buzz” sound while in auger test mode but it would not turn. I gave the auger fan a little spin by hand and it started up. Turned the controller off and fired it up to begin the burn in and the auger didn’t turn on again. I spun the fan again and it worked again, but any time I turned it off and back on it wouldn’t work. I called then back and explained the issue, they said they had never heard of this but I was told to leave the fan running to “break it in” and if needed spray some WD-40 into the fan/motor shaft. DO NOT USE WD-40! It contains solvents and solvents degrade plastic. I used a silicone lubricating spray and left it running for an hour, having to give it a kick start a couple of times but now it’s working. Quite the ordeal for a new grill so thought I’d share in case someone else has his issue.

Attachments

• 5217CAA4-8443-4303-A63D-1BC98F32844A.jpeg
    5217CAA4-8443-4303-A63D-1BC98F32844A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing when i read wd-40 thanks for clarifying that for others. I recently had a similar issue with the auger for no good reason just not spinning. Like you a flick of the fan took care of it and not had an issue since. Part of me thinks it simply sticks if not used for quite some time (as i am prone to do) but in your case being brand new is interesting. Time will tell I suppose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back