Patio 410 just not seeing any wifi any tips

Distilled1

So I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Patio 410 got it put together spent 5 hours trying every trick and tip to get this thing to connect. nothing (waiting on support to get back to me) this model has Firmwear Uer503 and is sold as dual band 2.4/5G the controller is less than 10 foot from an EERO access point the app will say 5 Ghz may not work and never moves on connect stays at 0% and then gives an error page - I have set my eero's to 2.4 only reconnected the phone via 2.4 same thing happens only difference is I don't get the little ! 5Ghz warning on the connection screen. *even took the whole smoker into the house and tried right at the main router its like its not even seeing anything. only thing I am unable to test is with a hot spot as cell service is horrible here.

Any tips ?

The whole reason I chose this model was for the wifi being dual so it wouldn't have all the issues many 2.4 only devices have- and so I could set the temp etc.

A
#2 while doing the burn off sett at 400f why is this thing ruining actual temp of 590+ after the burn off set t o 375 and it wouldn't hit 375 dropped to 325. Being as I don't have the app to use and the manual is a lacing POS with what to set I don't know if this is what it should be but I thought for sure it would hold a set temp better than my offset stick burners.

So I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Patio 410 got it put together spent 5 hours trying every trick and tip to get this thing to connect. nothing (waiting on support to get back to me) this model has Firmwear Uer503 and is sold as dual band 2.4/5G the controller is less than 10 foot from an EERO access point the app will say 5 Ghz may not work and never moves on connect stays at 0% and then gives an error page - I have set my eero's to 2.4 only reconnected the phone via 2.4 same thing happens only difference is I don't get the little ! 5Ghz warning on the connection screen. *even took the whole smoker into the house and tried right at the main router its like its not even seeing anything. only thing I am unable to test is with a hot spot as cell service is horrible here.

Any tips ?

The whole reason I chose this model was for the wifi being dual so it wouldn't have all the issues many 2.4 only devices have- and so I could set the temp etc.

A
#2 while doing the burn off sett at 400f why is this thing ruining actual temp of 590+ after the burn off set t o 375 and it wouldn't hit 375 dropped to 325. Being as I don't have the app to use and the manual is a lacing POS with what to set I don't know if this is what it should be but I thought for sure it would hold a set temp better than my offset stick burners.
Have you called Recteq?

Just to make sure it's not your home wifi setup - put your phone as a hot-spot and try to connect.
You're on the bleeding edge - new model. There may not be many tricks and tips to give.
Let recteq do their thing - you'll get it sorted. Keep us posted.

With it being the dual controller it shouldnt matter, but I know for several of us it took us getting our grill to just about the edge of signal to get it to connect. Might be worth a shot if itll be a simple fix. Outside of that a call to recteq will be your best bet. Theyre super accommodating.

Do you have a Samsung phone? I recently purchased a 590 and it would not go passed 0%. Called Recteq and they indicated there was an issue with Samsung Phones they were working on. I ended up digging up an old iPhone 6 and was able to get it connected. Works from Samsung now.

Do you have a Samsung phone? I recently purchased a 590 and it would not go passed 0%. Called Recteq and they indicated there was an issue with Samsung Phones they were working on. I ended up digging up an old iPhone 6 and was able to get it connected. Works from Samsung now.
yep! And of course all phones in the house are Samsung even old ones I do have an old I pod touch but I don't think the OS on that will take that app - I figures it has to be an issue on their end, as I know its not my network (I am in IT/networking) and the strength to the grill is... well as best it can be..
After you got it up on the old iPhone were you able to use the android app at all or just using the old phone to do so? maybe I can buy an old I phone to use as the remote .. hopefully they figure it out for the price of these things, a feature they sell as great should at least work lol - not a great first impression (and I have been a hold out for a long time) - I was about to go drop it off at the HQ last night (I live 10 min away)

Once it is setup, there are no issues with using the Android app on the Samsung. They were supposed to have a fix in a couple weeks. That was three weeks ago.

yep! And of course all phones in the house are Samsung even old ones I do have an old I pod touch but I don't think the OS on that will take that app - I figures it has to be an issue on their end, as I know its not my network (I am in IT/networking) and the strength to the grill is... well as best it can be..
After you got it up on the old iPhone were you able to use the android app at all or just using the old phone to do so? maybe I can buy an old I phone to use as the remote .. hopefully they figure it out for the price of these things, a feature they sell as great should at least work lol - not a great first impression (and I have been a hold out for a long time) - I was about to go drop it off at the HQ last night (I live 10 min away)
Question-
Does the RT 410 appear on your app at setup or did you not get to that point?

Once it is setup, there are no issues with using the Android app on the Samsung. They were supposed to have a fix in a couple weeks. That was three weeks ago.
that's great to hear ! now to find another brand phone hopefully iOS if they are working. Hopefully they get it sorted soon
Question-
Does the RT 410 appear on your app at setup or did you not get to that point?
it never gets to that point stays at 0% and fails every time -

It was too late last night after 7 Waiting on their reply today and will call after work as well. was just hoping someone may have some tricks to try besides what little they offer on the website.
Calling works better than email, IMHO

Just wanted to come back and share that per reqteq and 3 phone calls with their wifi experts the issue is Android they told me last wed 2 days for a new update - well they still don't have one and It seems many have been told this same thing a month ago. The cooker is doing fine other than I have no paid for wifi control and monitor - it did set up via an I phone and for a moment worked on my Android but failed again. so I will wait and break out my old crappy probe and remote gage to watch from inside.

Just wanted to come back and share that per reqteq and 3 phone calls with their wifi experts the issue is Android they told me last wed 2 days for a new update - well they still don't have one and It seems many have been told this same thing a month ago. The cooker is doing fine other than I have no paid for wifi control and monitor - it did set up via an I phone and for a moment worked on my Android but failed again. so I will wait and break out my old crappy probe and remote gage to watch from inside.
Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues since the initially setup. Running a WiFi 6 mesh network that is dual band, so only one SSID for both bands.

V203 loaded tonight on my Samsung, no idea if it’s what you were waiting for as I haven’t used the smoker for a week or so.

Any tips ?

A
Sorry that I don't have any wifi tips. The wifi set up on my 410 worked great. I do want to respond to the temperature comments. I found that out of the box the temp readings for the cooking area and the meat probes were off quite a lot. Using the app, I had to add in a 9 degree compensation (this is a lot!) to bring the actual cooking temps very close to what was set using the temp knob on the controller. The meat probes, both of them, measured 39 degrees out of the box when placed in a glass of ice water. I used the calibration adjustments in the control panel to bring them to 32 degrees. I called Recteq support on both issues and while the fellows at their support center were personable and professional, they immediately dug in their heels pushing the company line that there is nothing wrong with reading being produced by the PID. My personal opinion is that they have a production issue and fortunately the calibration settings are available to compensate for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back