Parts - just parts

USAF Chief

I normally do not complain much but I cannot believe what I just experienced with Rec Tec Support. I ordered some spare parts for my Rec Tec which I have owned close to when Rec Tec began selling them. I ordered an auger motor and other parts to have handy because my Rec Tec is getting old. When I received the auger motor, one of the blades was broken. I took a photo of it and sent it to Rec Tec Support and requested a remedy to replace it. I talked with Jacob who grilled me on questioning when I bought the Rec Tec because they had no record of it and if I was going to use the part on some other grill. I was told that it would be okay to use the part despite the broken blade as it made no difference. I did not accept that answer and wanted a replacement. I eventually asked Jacob why he was so reluctant to replace a broken item that I purchased from a company who is highly regarded as reputable and supportive of their customers. He eventually relented and said he would send a replacement - after about 10 minutes of telling him I would not accept the part despite his repeated comments that the broken fan blade made no difference. I enjoy my Rec Tec and will overlook this incident as I do not believe it is reflective of Rec Tec's reputation as a whole. If any of you have experienced anything like this, let them know and I am sure they will remedy it.

This one is disturbing. And quite frankly who cares what its intended use was. Maybe you wanted to drill holes in soft soil, its not a warranty issue and this should have been a no questions asked fix.

Has any buddy had to replace the air box on an RT B380 bullseye? How difficult is it to replace? My unit is just under two years old and will used. I have a stuck auger in it.

I normally do not complain much but I cannot believe what I just experienced with Rec Tec Support. I ordered some spare parts for my Rec Tec which I have owned close to when Rec Tec began selling them. I ordered an auger motor and other parts to have handy because my Rec Tec is getting old. When I received the auger motor, one of the blades was broken. I took a photo of it and sent it to Rec Tec Support and requested a remedy to replace it. I talked with Jacob who grilled me on questioning when I bought the Rec Tec because they had no record of it and if I was going to use the part on some other grill. I was told that it would be okay to use the part despite the broken blade as it made no difference. I did not accept that answer and wanted a replacement. I eventually asked Jacob why he was so reluctant to replace a broken item that I purchased from a company who is highly regarded as reputable and supportive of their customers. He eventually relented and said he would send a replacement - after about 10 minutes of telling him I would not accept the part despite his repeated comments that the broken fan blade made no difference. I enjoy my Rec Tec and will overlook this incident as I do not believe it is reflective of Rec Tec's reputation as a whole. If any of you have experienced anything like this, let them know and I am sure they will remedy it.
The fan really isn't necessary, remove it or just re-use the old blade.
Not perfect, but a solution.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back