Painting the lid on your Rec Tec

BigBearsBBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I have the 680 with the kind of pink lid I would like to change the color how do you guys trick out your lids to look cool ....Thanks

This is all the rage on Facebook...vinyl
FB_IMG_1584206567165.jpg

Seems like this would discolor and look really bad pretty quick, but if you like it I am good with it.
Greg

There are a number of folks over on one of the Weber fan forums who commonly repaint the lids on Weber Q grills using high temp paint, not sure what they are made of though. Don't know if it's okay to post a link for you so I won't. If you were to google painting the lid on a Weber Q you would get all sorts of links to doing such.

Others paint the porcelain lids of gas grills with high temp paints, could search for that too.

Seems like this would discolor and look really bad pretty quick, but if you like it I am good with it.
Greg
One would think, but apparently they don't and don't come off until you want it to either...

Here's the description from the vinyl wrap...
"High quality vinyl wrap to put on your RECTEC grill. Made of the same material used to wrap cars, extremely durable. Heat is not an issue, they will get some discoloration if grilling over 400 degrees is all, but they will not melt. Super easy to apply and work with, and will not damage lid in any way. ***** These vinyl skins can not be covered with the insulated winter cover."

From http://www.integritygoldjewelers.com/ecommerce/rec-tec-goods/vinyl-wraps-for-rectec-lids.html

Here's the description from the vinyl wrap...
"High quality vinyl wrap to put on your RECTEC grill. Made of the same material used to wrap cars, extremely durable. Heat is not an issue, they will get some discoloration if grilling over 400 degrees is all, but they will not melt. Super easy to apply and work with, and will not damage lid in any way. ***** These vinyl skins can not be covered with the insulated winter cover."

From http://www.integritygoldjewelers.com/ecommerce/rec-tec-goods/vinyl-wraps-for-rectec-lids.html
That is impressive. I would have thought the heat would have melted the vinyl right off.

That said, I would highly suggest looking for an alternative place to buy these wraps than the site linked above if for only the fact it doesn't have HTTPS (SSL) and there is NO way I would suggest putting your personal information or credit card info through a site that doesn't use HTTPS.

That is impressive. I would have thought the heat would have melted the vinyl right off.

That said, I would highly suggest looking for an alternative place to buy these wraps than the site linked above if for only the fact it doesn't have HTTPS (SSL) and there is NO way I would suggest putting your personal information or credit card info through a site that doesn't use HTTPS.
What kind of site sells rec tec vinyl wraps and gold jewelry? Did i miss something???

What kind of site sells rec tec vinyl wraps and gold jewelry? Did i miss something???

Can say I looked into the website before posting the link, it was just an example. That said, the jewelry site owner must be a RecTec fan, maybe a member right here.

This is the guy that most people are going to in the groups I've seen. And the link is the same link as posted here. It's his business I believe.
Screenshot_20200316-093717.png

Does they vinyl peel off when you want to change it out? I'm thinking the high heat 600 degrees might make it more permanent that changeable but that's just a guess.
Had a sign shop for 15 yrs. we removed vinyl by heating and pulling. Then we used snot remover to take care of the adhesive. (Snott remover is an orange based cleaner. Goop is a good brand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back