Bullseye One grill - which one to pick?

I have a 380 and a 590. The 380 is great for hot fast cooks, but not as stable as the 590 by any means.
If you can swing it I would get a 590 or the 340 and as mentioned above Grillgrates are a must. I have a friend that bought a 340 and he loves it. Same rock solid results as my 590. I would have no problem with a 340 if I had to replace my 590.
Mine is super stable and would be more versatile than just the 380, IMHO. It may be a few more bucks, but I think you will be happy in the long run. Nothing more frustrating than buying something and it not living up to expectations or not using it much.
I agree.

I just learned today that Grilla Grills has been purchased by American Outdoor Brands, Inc. So much for the “family-owned” business model. This is similar to Recteq’s recent “partnership with a private equity firm.” Another one bites the dust!

This pretty much kills my interest in Grilla Grills. As soon as the bean counters get their hands on a “family-owned business,” they sharpen their pencils and things usually start going downhill from both a quality and customer service perspective.

I’m disappointed as I was about to pull the trigger on a Grilla Silverbac AT. Bummer!
Indeed......and it is ruining the business world and overall society as we once knew it. I sure love my 590, was gonna get the 700 initially, but I now believe it would be under utilized with the extra cooking space, plus I prefer the side mounted pellet box/auger.

My purchase came down to the silverbac AT and the 700. Called both companies and asked them "why should I buy from you and not them". Grilla's rep was clueless about their grill and had no interest in answering questions. Called Recteq and they missed my call and called back 5 mins later and answered every question. Thats why I went recteq. That being said my neighbor has the Silverbac and its a nice grill. Only issue hes had is the hood making it front/top heavy so if you dont have the AT and theres a good gust of wind its liable to tip over. Just my .02.

Awesome. I have the 590 on order, hopefully it arrives this week. It seemed to be the best all around option, and I can use my grill grates from the 300 without much issue. Should satisfy my needs, and super stoked about the stainless internals, so sick of my grills rusting out in the PNW weather.
Good choice. Even tho the barrel sits on steel base and legs, I have 3 years without rust. The cover is always on when not in use and has held up well. Did you get any extras?

The guy that owns TheBBQHQ has a video out with Jeremy Yoder where he says he can use whichever pellet smoker he wants and primarily uses the SmokeFire so it must be decent.

While there are many things that are appealing to me about the SmokeFire I can’t get past the grease and ash going into the same place and mixing, then needing to pass through small slits in the bottom. It’s no wonder they have grease fires.

I may be wrong about this but I think what they said was the SmokeFire produced more smoke flavor/ring than the other cookers they used in that pellet grill comparison.

I follow Jeremy pretty closely. I've never seen him cook on a SmokeFire other than when he is cooking elsewhere.

Is this the video youre talking about?

@Madflava that is the video I was referring to. I was probably unclear but meant to say TheBBQHQ owner, not Jeremy, said it was the grill he primarily uses the SmikeFire at home (13:24 mark in the video).

I may be wrong about this but I think what they said was the SmokeFire produced more smoke flavor/ring than the other cookers they used in that pellet grill comparison.

I follow Jeremy pretty closely. I've never seen him cook on a SmokeFire other than when he is cooking elsewhere.

Is this the video youre talking about?

I think that may happen because the SmokeFire doesn't have a drip pan covering most of the grill so more of the smoke will just go staight up(to the food) rather than have to go around the drip pan like a typical pellet grill. That's at least my theory because pellet smoke is pellet smoke and is not the same as real wood and/or charcoal.

I'm a pretty big Weber fan so I followed the rollout of the SmokeFire fairly closely on YouTube'ers. Gen 1 was a pretty big diaster. Gen2 improved on the mistakes and hopefully they fixed the controller.

I still would chose RecTeq over Weber SmokeFire at this point. The materials in the RecTeq are obviously better. However, I am not knocking the SmokeFire and like the design.

I watch Jeremy Yoders videos also. I'll have to check that one out.

I actually just picked myself up a Weber kettle to mess around with this summer. Already having the Bullseye, I can swap out after market add-ons with both grills since they both are 22.5 inch.

I think that may happen because the SmokeFire doesn't have a drip pan covering most of the grill so more of the smoke will just go staight up(to the food) rather than have to go around the drip pan like a typical pellet grill. That's at least my theory because pellet smoke is pellet smoke and is not the same as real wood and/or charcoal.

I'm a pretty big Weber fan so I followed the rollout of the SmokeFire fairly closely on YouTube'ers. Gen 1 was a pretty big diaster. Gen2 improved on the mistakes and hopefully they fixed the controller.

I still would chose RecTeq over Weber SmokeFire at this point. The materials in the RecTeq are obviously better. However, I am not knocking the SmokeFire and like the design.

I watch Jeremy Yoders videos also. I'll have to check that one out.

I actually just picked myself up a Weber kettle to mess around with this summer. Already having the Bullseye, I can swap out after market add-ons with both grills since they both are 22.5 inch.
I have 2 22" Weber kettles to compliment my 700 and 1250. They work great together

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back