Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
My RT-B380 has been shipped and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival :)

Looking at some of the posts it appears that the legs are held on with sheet metal screws that penetrate the lower shell. This appears to create a sharp hazard when cleaning grease from the interior of the grill as well as a possible grease leak.

Is there a problem drilling these holes out and using stainless screws from the inside out with RTV? This would prevent the sharp hazard, allow easier cleaning, and possibly prevent leaks.

Thanks for your input....

Chris

Mine shipped with stainless bolts, and they thread into nuts welded inside the lower shell. There is no sharp hazard on mine, just the bumps of the nuts. At a minimum, you would need to remove or drill out those nuts to replace with bolts going from inside out.

BTW, I know of At least two people that have had issues with leaking, but I’ve never had a problem nor have I seen any pooling of grease in mine. I have rarely cooked low and slow with fatty meats on the Bullseye, but when I do I use a drip pan.

Mine shipped with stainless bolts, and they thread into nuts welded inside the lower shell. There is no sharp hazard on mine, just the bumps of the nuts. At a minimum, you would need to remove or drill out those nuts to replace with bolts going from inside out.

BTW, I know of At least two people that have had issues with leaking, but I’ve never had a problem nor have I seen any pooling of grease in mine. I have rarely cooked low and slow with fatty meats on the Bullseye, but when I do I use a drip pan.
Thanks for the info, good news.

Thanks for the info, good news.
Like Greg said. No sharp edges, my issue was one of the stainless screws to attach the lid to the hinge stripped.. My problem, was too aggressive with the screw gun. I simply bought a bit longer stainless screw with nut. And I always use a drip pan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back