Stampede New Stampede, first cook

zackr

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
New here and to the pellet world. Had a Masterbuilt electric that croaked after 2years (got all my money back on that thanks to extended warranty)
So my 590 arrived yesterday in great shape, no damage from shipping and no lid gap.
Test burn went off without a hitch, but was worried as there was not much smoke.
Prepped some ribs with a dry rub and put them on at 9:30 this morning.
The Rectec is running stable at 225 and there seems to be more than enough smoke at this temp.
Decided to go no wrap method, just spraying them down every 45min with apple juice/cider vinegar mixture.
They are looking good so far. So excited to get these off the grill and on my plate.
I'll post some pic of the finished product.
So glad I did my research, resisted the urge to jump on the Traeger bandwagon, and found this awesome machine.

Good choice, glad you are enjoying the grill!

Awesome. Enjoy your RT, and welcome to the group. Just keep in mind, the higher the set temp for your cook, the smaller amount of smoke you will see from the unit due to the efficiency of burning pellets at a higher temp.

New here and to the pellet world. Had a Masterbuilt electric that croaked after 2years (got all my money back on that thanks to extended warranty)
So my 590 arrived yesterday in great shape, no damage from shipping and no lid gap.
Test burn went off without a hitch, but was worried as there was not much smoke.
Prepped some ribs with a dry rub and put them on at 9:30 this morning.
The Rectec is running stable at 225 and there seems to be more than enough smoke at this temp.
Decided to go no wrap method, just spraying them down every 45min with apple juice/cider vinegar mixture.
They are looking good so far. So excited to get these off the grill and on my plate.
I'll post some pic of the finished product.
So glad I did my research, resisted the urge to jump on the Traeger bandwagon, and found this awesome machine.
Those that do the research go with Rec Tec. You will love it.

Welcome to the forum and Rec Tec! I did a pork loin roast last week and started at 210-225 til about 165 degrees and then upped it to 250-260 til 205 and WOW!
A beautiful smoke ring too. Unfortunately in my zest to pull it and eat...I forgot to take a pic.

Thanks for the welcome Y'all
After 6 hours they were only up to 175, so I upped the temp to 240.
About an hour later they had reached 195-200.
Pulled them off and they were great.
No sauce needed, even for my wife who puts sauce on almost everything.
Now off to plan my next adventure..
IMG_20200425_162300361.jpg
IMG_20200425_162801170.jpg
IMG_20200425_163521569.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back