Bull New RT-700

Divernaz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New RT-700 got yesterday and assembled. Problem is with the temperature probe. When I put it in the pork butt it immediately said 75 degrees right out of the fridge. Now the temp outside could have been 75. I put the other probe in and it's showing closer to where it should be. Is there a way to calibrate the probe?

Screenshot_20200625-071829_RECTEC.jpg

Yes there is a way to calibrate. Press and hold the settings button for 5-10 seconds, you will see the screen change, then press a couple times to where the displays something like PRB vs PRA, probe a and probe b. Then you can spin the dial to go + or - how many degrees you need to adjust the probe.

But first, do this:

Get a glass and fill completely with ice, crushed ice is better if that is an option for you. Then top off with water and let rest for a coup[le minutes. Now stick both probes in the ice water and wait a minute for the probes to adjust to temp. both should read 32 degrees. If one or both is off a couple degrees you can do the above calibration. theres a short You Tube video that Rec Tec did to show you how to do it. Super easy. I did mine whe I received my 700 a few days ago and both of mine read good and no need to adjust.

One piece of advice tho, Never submerge the probes in water to wash them, only wipe down with a soupy rag When cleaning. If water gets in where the probe meets the wire, its done. They all do it, I’m not sure why manufactures dont put some sorta food grade silicone around that area to seal it.

just recalibrated mine yesterday. Both were 2 degrees high, so pretty good. Just remember it is best to mark them so that you always use the same probe in the same port so that the calibration is correct for each probe. and Welcome to the forum and congrats!

just recalibrated mine yesterday. Both were 2 degrees high, so pretty good. Just remember it is best to mark them so that you always use the same probe in the same port so that the calibration is correct for each probe. and Welcome to the forum and congrats!
I used a tiny yellow wire tie on the connector side of the probe where it plugs into the controller to mark probe A.

New RT-700 got yesterday and assembled. Problem is with the temperature probe. When I put it in the pork butt it immediately said 75 degrees right out of the fridge. Now the temp outside could have been 75. I put the other probe in and it's showing closer to where it should be. Is there a way to calibrate the probe?
The other thing to check is the probe port retaining nuts on the front of the controller, if the nuts are loose some have reported inaccurate and erratic temperature probe issues.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back