Bull New RT 700 Issues

Old Grunt

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have a new Rt 700 I used one time after the new burn in and it worked fine. The next cook I started ended with the grill temp running up and failed to stop climbing. I turned it off and let it cool down. I started it again and it did the same thing. After several conversations and trial and error fixes with the Recteq support people, It still has not been fixed. While doing some trial runs I discovered the auger was running all the time. With the unit plugged in but off, I found it was dumping pellets out of the fire pot onto the bottom of the smoker. When I took the grills, grease plate and fire pot cover off, I noticed heavy soot in the unit and on the bottom of the grease plate. The fire pot cover was warped. Waiting on a response from Recteq support.

Any Ideas why this is happening? Controller failure?

i would call them again. they are open until 7pm. but the only way i can see it doing that is if it was left in test mode and the auger function is being tested and turned on.

@Old Grunt hopefully you already have this resolved but I would get a video of the controller switched off and the feed auger running pellets in. Then when you call them you can email it to them.

i would call them again. they are open until 7pm. but the only way i can see it doing that is if it was left in test mode and the auger function is being tested and turned on.
Going to call them Monday. I had to break out my stick burner to do my cooking today. Would have sure been easier using the Bull.

@Old Grunt hopefully you already have this resolved but I would get a video of the controller switched off and the feed auger running pellets in. Then when you call them you can email it to them.
Yep, I have a video ready to go. Sent it to one of their support team crew today

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back