Stampede New RT 590

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I ordered my 590 a couple of days ago and it is sitting on a shipping dock somewhere in Houston. I cannot wait to get it. When we had our Natural gas weber we cooked outside almost every night. I retired and we moved to a rent house. We have been without a grill for year now and are really looking forward to getting the 590. I am new to smoking meat but I look forward to learning all about it from this forum. So, I will be hitting this forum a lot looking for tips and recipes.

Congrats and welcome!
I'm new to smoking as well, and I'm loving my 590!
There is definitely a learning curve, but that's part of the fun.

It’s agonizing watching the tracking for a new grill. The good news is, it’s really easy and quick putting it together. You could be using it the same day it’s delivered.

Welcome aboard @Foodkid . It will be an adventure. I'm going to give you advice that is a little off the beaten path, and some will think it cynical, but learning is an adventure not a formulaic process. Whenever you ask a question and anyone gives you a single, "absolute" answer..............they're well meaning but may not know what they don't know. You do need to start somewhere, and the common advice is useful for that. But once you get your starting legs under you the best teacher you'll have is experience. Don't be afraid to experiment, most of the time you'll still be able to eat your "mistakes". There is no ideal smoking temperature, finish internal temperature, smoking pellet, flavor of any kind, flipping gizmo, grate material, and so on. And no, there's no exact method to predict how long a brisket or butt will take to be "done". On those taste things, there's no way to know if your tastes match the nice person giving you advice, it's subjective. As much as we humans always seem to think there's a way to short cut the process, ya gotta pay your dues and learn from experience. To me that's more fun...................but if you look at the resale sites there seem to be a lot of folks who disagree and are just giving up, Enjoy the ride.

I ordered my 590 a couple of days ago and it is sitting on a shipping dock somewhere in Houston. I cannot wait to get it. When we had our Natural gas weber we cooked outside almost every night. I retired and we moved to a rent house. We have been without a grill for year now and are really looking forward to getting the 590. I am new to smoking meat but I look forward to learning all about it from this forum. So, I will be hitting this forum a lot looking for tips and recipes.
Congrats, There is a lot of good ideas being shared.you may want to plan ahead and decide what may work for your needs. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard @Foodkid . It will be an adventure. I'm going to give you advice that is a little off the beaten path, and some will think it cynical, but learning is an adventure not a formulaic process. Whenever you ask a question and anyone gives you a single, "absolute" answer..............they're well meaning but may not know what they don't know. You do need to start somewhere, and the common advice is useful for that. But once you get your starting legs under you the best teacher you'll have is experience. Don't be afraid to experiment, most of the time you'll still be able to eat your "mistakes". There is no ideal smoking temperature, finish internal temperature, smoking pellet, flavor of any kind, flipping gizmo, grate material, and so on. And no, there's no exact method to predict how long a brisket or butt will take to be "done". On those taste things, there's no way to know if your tastes match the nice person giving you advice, it's subjective. As much as we humans always seem to think there's a way to short cut the process, ya gotta pay your dues and learn from experience. To me that's more fun...................but if you look at the resale sites there seem to be a lot of folks who disagree and are just giving up, Enjoy the ride.
How true, I can’t say Thank you enough for all the knowledge I’ve obtain from this forum.

good advice thank you uncle Bob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back