New RecTeq CEO

Rick Flair?!?! So is everyone on this forum 50+ years old? Is that the target audience, because who the heck is gonna know who Rick Flair is? I'm referencing the ad to the right of the article. Use the code natureboy to get 5% off SITEWIDE!

Sorry, but I’d never heard of Ric(k) Flair until this thread. Apparently, he’s a professional wrestler (I looked it up), With only generating a 5% discount, apparently a lot of other people never heard of him either. :rolleyes:

Glad I already bought my grills. Really hope that warrently doesn't dissappear over night. Went from small caring company to big business. Never a good thing

RT has been going downhill since the equity firm bought in. Now it’s going to become the Expert Grill (Walmart Brand) of direct sales.

Where is the reference to Rick? I see the article mentions Ralph Santana?

Edit: I guess I don't have the same ad on that page.

MAK or Pitts & Spitts for me. The MAK Two-Star General is at the top of my list right now. We’ll see how long the RT-340 lasts.
Will this require firing up the Ferrari ??? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Followed the Twitter link......couldn't help but notice that a lot of the pics/posts are buried behind a "The following media contains potentially sensitive content" warning.

I'm not a twitter/social media kind of person and never will be. But putting in speed bumps over meat pictures is just a wee bit over the top. What's next ? RT gonna come out with a grill for crickets and grasshoppers ?

Followed the Twitter link......couldn't help but notice that a lot of the pics/posts are buried behind a "The following media contains potentially sensitive content" warning.

I'm not a twitter/social media kind of person and never will be. But putting in speed bumps over meat pictures is just a wee bit over the top. What's next ? RT gonna come out with a grill for crickets and grasshoppers ?
They have tiny rotisseries in the works....

Just my $0.02

Seems to me that this will change the way RT will proceed in the future. The reason you would bring on an executive from a publicly traded company would be that most likely they are going to take RT public.

If that were to be the plan, I would imagine the warranty period will shorten, and they will start manufacturing most, if not all components overseas to reduce cost. Not to mention the reduction in the amount of "we'll ship you out a new one".

Anyone know if the warranty can be "changed" on the fly?

If that were to be the plan, I would imagine the warranty period will shorten, and they will start manufacturing most, if not all components overseas to reduce cost.
It’s a common misconception that recteqs have ever been made in the USA. All their grills have always been entirely manufactured in China. They have never made anything here in the USA, with the exception of outsourcing their two monster grills (chuckwagon and something else) I can’t recall) that are made in Georgia. Except for the cotroller, fire pot, etc., which are also made in China.

Anyone know if the warranty can be "changed" on the fly?
It cannot. However, one needs to have proof of what warranty applies. I had a situation where the BGE warranty changed, but as long as I had proof of the warranty I had, they reluctantly covered parts that were no longer covered under the current warranty. Great grill, but BGE was a PITA to do business with. I’d buy a Promo or a Kamado Joe before I’d ever give BGE another dime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back