Bull New member and RT-700 owner

DoubleD

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just got my RT-700 and discovered this forum. Still assembling it as they sent two of the same front caster leg so hopefully it’ll arrive soon. I was impressed with the customer service and hope I don’t need them too often.

Adding the RT-700 to my Blackstone and Big Green Egg. Looking forward to learning and contributing what I can along the way.

Congrats! Should be quick to get that leg in.

Always a tool for every job.. never too many grills :).

You will love it.. looking forward to your pictures!

@DoubleD it's a pleasure to have you here with us in our little community.

Welcome to RecTeqForum and congrats on your new purchase!

Congrats! Should be quick to get that leg in.

Always a tool for every job.. never too many grills :).

You will love it.. looking forward to your pictures!
Yea - was amazed at how quick the grill got here! Of course, I only live about 3 hrs from HQ. Thx for the welcome!

@DoubleD it's a pleasure to have you here with us in our little community.

Welcome to RecTeqForum and congrats on your new purchase!
Thx Mike

Welcome @DoubleD! I've had my 700 for just over a month now. Hope you enjoy cooking on it as much as I do.
Thx and thank you for your service

Just got my RT-700 and discovered this forum. Still assembling it as they sent two of the same front caster leg so hopefully it’ll arrive soon. I was impressed with the customer service and hope I don’t need them too often.

Adding the RT-700 to my Blackstone and Big Green Egg. Looking forward to learning and contributing what I can along the way.
Welcome.
I have a blackstone with my 700, There are great together.
Would love to add a Kamodo to the list one day as well.

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully everything arrives soon, so you can start having fun with your newest addition 😎.

Welcome to the forum. I've had my RT700 for two years now. Still lovin' it.

I'll tell you right now, you will want to make notes of how you feel your cooks go. I tried doing everything from memory...and...well my memory sucks. :) In particular, note how you felt the flavor and the burn of the different wood pellets you may try over time work/perform for you. I've had some taste good but burn fast and create a lot of ash. Others may burn slower, or appear to use less pellets and create less ash. I've tried combination / blends of pellets and I've done single-flavor pellets. Some things I liked and others maybe not as much. So, my advice is simply keep a little notebook of the pellets you use, the rubs you make/use (or whatever store bought you buy), sauces you use, marinades, etc.

Unlike a lot of users on this forum, I do not use any additional smoke mechanisms or gadgets. If I want more smoke, I cook between 180 - 225. More often than not, I smoke for about 2-3 hours, wrap, and take it to that 195-205 range and perform a physical tenderness check with a probe...looking for the probe to go in and come out somewhat easily. I'm not one that likes to poke meat...juices run out. But do this probe check with raw meat. Get a sense for the force it takes to push the probe in...and the tug trying to pull it out. Do that same check at 140 degrees...then at 195. Still a bit tough...take it to 205. See if that passes the probe check. Again, make notes.

Happy BBQing to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back