New Grilla Jerky Rack

NinoRT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I Have the 700 and decided to buy the grilla silverbac Jerky rack and have to say it is real nice and fits in the bull good still leaving room for 2 or 3 butts.
Will definitely handle atleast 2 racks of ribs on each of the 3 trays. Or Lots of wings/Jerky.
I like that the shelves slide out like how the 1250 does
I also have the recteq add in shelf and was never too crazy about it.
This one actually locks into place between the grates instead of just sitting on them.
Haven’t cooked on it yet but so far it’s got my approval.

Attachments

• 100026AF-8CD5-42C2-B93D-54B6E769F89A.jpeg
    100026AF-8CD5-42C2-B93D-54B6E769F89A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 622
  • E29A25C8-A113-49F1-A2C8-781ADDC18183.jpeg
    E29A25C8-A113-49F1-A2C8-781ADDC18183.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 213
  • 3A3D8E62-2D99-4F0E-81F5-4A2FE5167C85.jpeg
    3A3D8E62-2D99-4F0E-81F5-4A2FE5167C85.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 258
I bought the same rack last month. I still have not used mine yet either, but I am impressed with how it looks. Hopefully soon I will be doing a couple batches of jerky to test it out.

Interesting, my wife is on some sort of diet that lets you eat Beef Jerky and Pork Rinds, who would have thought. She did ask me about making Beef Jerky, so I am scouting it out! Happy Wife Happy life.

Interesting, my wife is on some sort of diet that lets you eat Beef Jerky and Pork Rinds, who would have thought. She did ask me about making Beef Jerky, so I am scouting it out! Happy Wife Happy life.
That sounds like the high blood pressure high cholesterol diet lol

I do a lot of jerky on a counter top dehydrator.. there is always jerky in the fridge.

Not to hijack the thread but does jerky on the smoker come out similar to a dehydrator? I have never done it so thinking about trying.

I do a lot of jerky on a counter top dehydrator.. there is always jerky in the fridge.

Not to hijack the thread but does jerky on the smoker come out similar to a dehydrator? I have never done it so thinking about trying.
I love jerky off the Recteq

I have the chimp version for my Trailblazer. Haven't used it yet but it fits perfect.

I’m making jerky soon for my brewery and have been doing test runs.

I bought this same rack and it’s awesome! I want to put a grill sheet on the grill under the bottom rack so I can slide in 4 layers of jerky.

Jerky is great on the recteq 700.
One thing I learned is the spicy ones are great on the pit, I have a honey garlic recipe that ends up bitter from the sticky honey grabs too much smoke. Maybe I’ll hit it for a reduced time on the smoker and finish in the dehydrator

I’m making jerky soon for my brewery and have been doing test runs.

I bought this same rack and it’s awesome! I want to put a grill sheet on the grill under the bottom rack so I can slide in 4 layers of jerky.

Jerky is great on the recteq 700.
One thing I learned is the spicy ones are great on the pit, I have a honey garlic recipe that ends up bitter from the sticky honey grabs too much smoke. Maybe I’ll hit it for a reduced time on the smoker and finish in the dehydrator
That’s a good idea with the grill sheet. I’ll have to give that a try too.
Also maybe if you thin the honey out a little by mixing a little water in it might stick but not get that same bitter taste since it’s thinner

Thank you for posting these pics. I'm looking for a rack for ribs (don't like the vertical ones) but one that still leaves room for a taller piece like a butt or ham. Definitely helped me seal the deal.

Reviving Jerky on 700.......
Do you find that the minimum temp is still too high? Also, what flavor of pellets are you using for beef jerky?

Reviving Jerky on 700.......
Do you find that the minimum temp is still too high? Also, what flavor of pellets are you using for beef jerky?
I’ve made jerky a couple of times on my Bull and it has turned out great. I do use the offset to cook at a lower temperature. I have a dehydrator but I’ve been letting it finish on the smoker instead of trying to move it from one to the other. My nephews keep hitting me up to make some more so they can use up some deer meat.

As for pellets, it really depends on your tastes. I want to say the last time I used a combination of LJ Cherry and Pecan, but I believe that was because that’s what I already had in the hopper.

Welcome to the forum and happy smoking! Don’t be afraid to ask questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who have most likely have been in your shoes at one point.

I Have the 700 and decided to buy the grilla silverbac Jerky rack and have to say it is real nice and fits in the bull good still leaving room for 2 or 3 butts.
Will definitely handle atleast 2 racks of ribs on each of the 3 trays. Or Lots of wings/Jerky.
This one actually locks into place between the grates instead of just sitting on them.
Thank you for sharing this. I have looked at that rack for months but was concerned about how it would fit in my 700 and if it were better than the RecTeq accessory rack they used to sell for the 700…which didn’t have good reviews (or good enough reviews that would push me to buy it.). Please keep us posted. I’m down to getting that jerky rack or that PCS Rackworks kit for the 700. I think I’d get more capability with the Grilla rack.

In addition to my RT-700, I own a Grilla Grills Primate so I stay familiar with their stuff…I almost bought the Silverbac over the RT.

Again, thanks for the info.

My apologies. I just realized your post was from 2022.

Do you still like the Grilla rack?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back