New Grill Release - Price Issue

Pappypsu

I just emailed Recteq customer support. I will be curious to see if they do anything to right the issue, but I purchased the new Flagship grill on Tuesday and had to buy a bag of pellets/cover, as this was my first pellet grill. My total was over 1400 dollars.

Come to find out today online they have holiday bundles for 1315 that include the cover, pellets, and more. It seems like they did a disservice to customers by not posting these bundles on the release day. The whole launch just seems like it could have been handled so much better.

I hope this isn’t an indication of this company typically operates. Is anyone else in this same spot?

I just emailed Recteq customer support. I will be curious to see if they do anything to right the issue, but I purchased the new Flagship grill on Tuesday and had to buy a bag of pellets/cover, as this was my first pellet grill. My total was over 1400 dollars.

Come to find out today online they have holiday bundles for 1315 that include the cover, pellets, and more. It seems like they did a disservice to customers by not posting these bundles on the release day. The whole launch just seems like it could have been handled so much better.

I hope this isn’t an indication of this company typically operates. Is anyone else in this same spot?
I've had the same thing happen with different products/manufacturers over the years. In hindsight, I haven't had much luck getting any kind of satisfaction.

My preference would have been that if a manufacturer is going to have a sale, that they announce it a few days or a week in advance so that schmoes like me can pump the brakes before buying something at full price, then being pissed when the (previously unannounced) sale hits a day later.

But, good luck to you and hopefully you can report back with good news.

RETURN POLICY

You may return most items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of your purchase price. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). recteq, LLC reserves the right to withhold any applicable shipping charges, plus a 15% re-stocking fee, from the refund amount of any returned order that is not the result of an incorrect or defective item.

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper. However, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes for us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).

If you need to return an item, simply contact us at (706) 922-0890 and one of our team members will assist you with our return procedure. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.

RETURN POLICY

You may return most items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of your purchase price. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). recteq, LLC reserves the right to withhold any applicable shipping charges, plus a 15% re-stocking fee, from the refund amount of any returned order that is not the result of an incorrect or defective item.

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper. However, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes for us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).

If you need to return an item, simply contact us at (706) 922-0890 and one of our team members will assist you with our return procedure. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Please excuse my ignorance........

@kennethk (respectfully submitted); Are you a Recteq employee, or did you just copy and paste official Recteq return policy into your post ?

I had a similar situation with RT.
The grill I had purchased went on sale for -15% off the day after I made the purchase (it was enroute with FedEx.)

I called, they agreed to send me some goodies.
I chose the rub and sauce bundle.
You’ll probably get a similar deal.

Last edited:
I just purchased the Deck Boss 590 the other day, with the bundle deal. Hopefully they will do something for you. I was pretty happy with the bundle pricing since I needed the cover, and I'm looking forward to all the new rubs! I also had the $50 off coupon.

Glad they came through. Their reputation for good support helped make my decision to get the 590. I had also emailed their support before purchase with a couple of questions and they answered them promptly.

Hey all- just wanted to circle back as I was a bit fired up yesterday. Talked to Recteq this morning and they’ve rectified the issue to my satisfaction. A+ from customer service standpoint.
That’s good to hear; thanks for letting us know. Sometimes, you just have to speak up and be heard. And, kudos to RT for listening.

Thank you Sir, like I said,innocent question.

It sounds like OP was satisfied with RT's response/solution, so all appears to be good :)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back