Bull New 700 owner....assembly today!

samiam

After looking for the last 18 months, Was going to order the 590 but ended up getting the 700 and giving the 340 bonus to my FIL for his anniversary/retirement. Couple things I have been pleased w/....maybe even pleasantly surprised.
1] I called Recteq several time with dumb questions of indecision and minutia. The CS is living up to its legendary reputation so far. Patient, detailed, and helpful.
2] I ordered last Thursday 11/11, I live in Nebraska and they told me it would be here in about 2 weeks....I was disappointed w/ that but understood. It showed up yesterday morning!
3] While I haven't completely unboxed yet, it Seems I dodged the damaged packaging bug some complain about.

I watched the RT-700 assembly video & my lava lock gasket and smoke tube are arriving today. Will be doing the burn in and Chix thighs for dinner.

Any other suggestions for a first time pellet grill/rt-700 owner?

Background: I have a weber genesis I have used weekly+ for 9 years & I have a couple years of smoking experience w/ my 22" WSM(which I love) but looking fwd to the ease of use...hoping flavor doesn't drop off too much!

Welcome to the obsession, there is a bit of smoke flavor drop off compared to stick burners. You will love he Bull, don't forget to post pictures of your delicious food.

Awesome & congrats! 👆 As Thor suggested post pics of your cooks 😁.

You will find plenty to do over time with this amazing group so stick around & enjoy.

Did 3 cooks over the weekend. Thighs ribs and a brisket. Love the results, smoke flavor is light and subtle, definitely different from my wsm, but the ease and precision is awesome. Woke up at 4:30am Sunday am, turned on the smoker from under the covers, got up for 20 min to put the brisket on and light the smoke tube….back in bed with no worries and eating brisket at 2:30pm…gotta love that!

I was a little confused by a temp variation and on Sunday, I called CS on a whim (expecting them to be closed) and hung up w/o leaving a vm. Got a call Monday morning, “hey their is Michael with recteq, saw we had a missed call from you over the weekend. Just checking to see if anyone has followed up yet and if you have any questions.” I was speechless…the customer service really is THAT good.

No great pics of the thighs or finished products on the ribs…but best brisket I’ve done yet(only my 3rd).

Attachments

• 216DB735-8E3E-404A-ABE8-EF3B7F8C5BD6.jpeg
    216DB735-8E3E-404A-ABE8-EF3B7F8C5BD6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
After looking for the last 18 months, Was going to order the 590 but ended up getting the 700 and giving the 340 bonus to my FIL for his anniversary/retirement. Couple things I have been pleased w/....maybe even pleasantly surprised.
1] I called Recteq several time with dumb questions of indecision and minutia. The CS is living up to its legendary reputation so far. Patient, detailed, and helpful.
2] I ordered last Thursday 11/11, I live in Nebraska and they told me it would be here in about 2 weeks....I was disappointed w/ that but understood. It showed up yesterday morning!
3] While I haven't completely unboxed yet, it Seems I dodged the damaged packaging bug some complain about.

I watched the RT-700 assembly video & my lava lock gasket and smoke tube are arriving today. Will be doing the burn in and Chix thighs for dinner.

Background: I have a weber genesis I have used weekly+ for 9 years & I have a couple years of smoking experience w/ my 22" WSM(which I love) but looking fwd to the ease of use...hoping flavor doesn't drop off too much!
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

congratulations on your new 700 I hope everything works out for you and you get years of enjoyment out of it. and great to hear cs is working with as well. I just bought mine a few ago and have nothing but trouble with mine which is a shame because it is built very well . like others have said post pics of your cooks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back