Stampede My new 590

Kedscar

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
807EC197-2E68-40AC-BDFF-E8018D3435D2.jpeg
DB05B3ED-4B8C-444D-BCDB-5E493284AEBC.jpeg

Guess I had to show it off. My new 590 , just assembled with new custom shelf and gasket Install. Hat’s off to other custom builds and advice. I used the Amazon stainless steel folding shelves and a piece of White Oak from a local Lumber Mill with Minwax Bombay Mahogany. Have’nt even fired it up yet. Rec Teq is the best, received my 590 in Maryland, 5 days after ordering!

Welcome...
I'm also in MD.
Great looking shelf, super deep too, reminds me of the ending on the Flintstones when they put the giant rack of ribs on the vehicle and it tips the vehicle over :ROFLMAO:
Now burn that bad boy in and get some cooks on it 🥩

I would suggest heavily to put the gasket on the backside of the lid also.
Thanks, after reviewing countless suggestions about installing gaskets, I decided to leave the top one off. The clearance was tight there anyway. I know it will leak and stain there, but should be easy to clean. The bends in the hood are actually not perfect and even with the gasket on the bottom, it will surely leak there as well. I may add it to the top later.

Welcome...
I'm also in MD.
Great looking shelf, super deep too, reminds me of the ending on the Flintstones when they put the giant rack of ribs on the vehicle and it tips the vehicle over :ROFLMAO:
Now burn that bad boy in and get some cooks on it 🥩
Thank you, dimensions ended up at 32 x 17 1/2. I thought it might be too deep, but it works and is a great work space. I put some weight on it and it held it well. Should easily support a couple racks of ribs or brisket, etc.

Thanks, after reviewing countless suggestions about installing gaskets, I decided to leave the top one off. The clearance was tight there anyway. I know it will leak and stain there, but should be easy to clean. The bends in the hood are actually not perfect and even with the gasket on the bottom, it will surely leak there as well. I may add it to the top later.
It's much easier to put the gasket on the top edge before using it so you don't have to try to get it clean later. My hood wasn't the best fit, as received either. I loosened the hinge fasteners, adjusted the hood for best fit, then tightened. I may have even bent the hood a little by hand for a good fit. I have a 1/8" seal around the entire perimeter of the lid and don't have any leaks/staining.

Looking closer at your lid, the fit does look off. I think loosening the hinge bolts and sliding the lid away from the hinges will make it fit better.

Last edited:
That doesn't look right to me either, I have a gasket all the way around the lid and mine looks more flush than that.

Just yesterday, I took PUNGO’s suggestion, loosened the hinges, readjusted and it sits perfect now. I also completed the gasket all the way around. Thanks!
Good it was resolved with some adjusting (y)
Now show off some cooks...
Though I was in the Columbia Costco the other day and prime brisket was $5.99. I ended up getting some Boston Butt from Harris Teeter for $1.29 and cooked 2, both 8-9 lb each, took ~16 hours @225.

Good it was resolved with some adjusting (y)
Now show off some cooks...
Though I was in the Columbia Costco the other day and prime brisket was $5.99. I ended up getting some Boston Butt from Harris Teeter for $1.29 and cooked 2, both 8-9 lb each, took ~16 hours @225.
Saw prime at Sam's club for $4.99. Hopefully we will be back to the $2.99 days.

Congrats and great job on the shelf. I was going to chime in but it seems that the other members gave you good advice. I sealed my door all around with Oklahoma joe’s gasket from Lowe’s. and I don’t have any leaks. Enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back