Pork "Mediterranean" Pork Tenderloin

rgreenberg2000

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Started with a two-pack of pork tenderloins from Costco. Mixed up a brine (4 cups water, 1/2 cup salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 onion chopped, 4 Tbsp minced garlic, oregano, thyme, halved/squeezed orange and lemon) and let it go in the fridge for about 5 hours (note to self, 4 hours is enough.) Rinsed the tenderloins thoroughly, then removed silver skin and excess fat (because they were frozen when they went in the brine), trussed, rubbed with olive oil, and dusted heavily with Dizzy Pig Mediterranean'ish.

Got the Bull fired up to 400F, put the pork on, flipped at 10 minutes, flipped at 20 minutes, removed/covered at 25 minutes and boosted the grill to "Full". After about 12 minutes, the grill was at about 550F, so I seared off the t-loins on my grill grates for 3 minutes per side, with flips/90 degree turns at 90 seconds. Rested then sliced......YUMMY! Turned out really well, and I was pleasantly surprised at my first high heat run with the Bull. I didn't expect a hard sear like I would get direct over charcoal or gas, and I didn't, but the sear was fine, likely would have been better if I let things heat up a bit more, or even used the flat side of the GG's.

I didn't temp them at the end, but based on color, I'd say 142-145F. Super tasty!

IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

IMG_7269.jpeg

If you give this a try, let me know how you like it!!

Rich

I started with THIS RECIPE for the brine (adjusted a bit for what I had readily available), and then called an audible to go with the Dizzy Pig rub.....though this recipe as written looks pretty good, too!

R

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back