Meat probe port reporting incorrectly

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
Yesterday I noticed that the A & B probes were reporting temps about 18-20 apart. Thinking I had a defective probe, I performed calibration procedure with boiling water and my ThermoPop instant read thermometer. A port was reporting 90 degrees while B port was reporting 197. Thinking it was a bad probe, I switched the ports and the A port was again reporting 90 degrees while B port was reporting 197. That leads me to conclude there is a problem with the controller A port since both probes match the ThermoPop. Did I miss anything here? Looks to me like I need to contact RT.

You might try tweaking probe A setting, especially if switching both probes read the same in that port when alternating them.

It's worth a call to RecTeq as well in the next day or two

Sounds stupid, but make sure the probe is plugged all the way into the controller. I noticed once that one of my probes was just slightly loose in the port and as soon as I pushed it all the way in the reading changed significantly.

@ken g have you checked to make sure the nuts holding the probe plugs are tight on the controller? I was having a problem with probe inconsistencies and that was the cause.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back