Bullseye Low and Slow Chuck Roast

Graying Mantis

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Did my first low and slow chuck roast on the Bullseye today. Many thanks to ORazor for posting his experiences, which I followed with a few exceptions. I seasoned the roast last night, wrapped it and placed in the refrigerator overnight. Went from fridge to Bullseye this morning. Did the first hour at LO, then turned to 225 with the offset at 15. It took a little longer because I mad the rookie mistake of running out of pellets. Luckily my ThermoPro warned me so it wasn't too long. Took the grate off during the re-fire because of the high overshoot I was expecting - and got - when it relit. Wrapped in foil at 160 and took off at 200. Great smoke ring and very moist. While the roast was resting I turned it up and did the asparagus. Third cook on the Bullseye and really enjoying it.

Attachments

• Chuck Roast - 6-2021.jpg
    Chuck Roast - 6-2021.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
If you didn't I'd recommend using a drip pan with chuck roasts, they're the one thing that has led to grease fires for me.
Thank you for the reminder. I forgot to mention that I did use a drip pan. Got a disposable aluminum pan that was too tall and didn't want to mess around with cutting it down, so I foil lined a cake pan (so I wouldn't get in trouble) and used it . Have a round SS pan being delivered Thursday for future use.

Did my first low and slow chuck roast on the Bullseye today. Many thanks to ORazor for posting his experiences, which I followed with a few exceptions. I seasoned the roast last night, wrapped it and placed in the refrigerator overnight. Went from fridge to Bullseye this morning. Did the first hour at LO, then turned to 225 with the offset at 15. It took a little longer because I mad the rookie mistake of running out of pellets. Luckily my ThermoPro warned me so it wasn't too long. Took the grate off during the re-fire because of the high overshoot I was expecting - and got - when it relit. Wrapped in foil at 160 and took off at 200. Great smoke ring and very moist. While the roast was resting I turned it up and did the asparagus. Third cook on the Bullseye and really enjoying it.
Looks great. Try chuck burnt ends, really good

This is one I have to try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back