Kingsford Pellets at Menards

Edthebook

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I was at the local Menards last week and they had Kingsford Pellets for $8.99, plus 11% rebate, bought 6 bags. I was there today and they were now $7.99, plus. 11% rebate. I bought 8 more bags. I don’t know if this is at every Menards. i only bought another 8 because I just bought 80 lbs of Kirkland pellets. i now have about 500 lbs of pellets that included purchases from Rural King and Wally Mart.

i couldn‘t pass up a great deal but at the rate I grill it should last a few years.

So that’s where all the Kingsford pellets are, because you cannot find them in Southeastern New Mexico! 🤔

No Menards in TX - can't figure that one out. Especially with all the building going on down here.

Haven't n seen the Kingsford, are they 100% or a bunch of fillers ? Let us know how you like them, if clean burning, little ash, etc.
LJ fan here, 80¢ more when sales are on.

Definitely no Menards in WA!

As for Kingsford pellets, they are “!00% hardwood blend.” That probably means a base of oak or alder with flavor woods mixed in. I have only used their Hickory pellets (which are also a blend, not 100% hickory) and I did like them. A 20# bag was included with the “pellet bundle” when I bought my RT. I haven’t—yet—purchased any more of the Kingsford, but might.

I’m still trying to use up the RT Ultimate Blend pellets I got in the pellet bundle (actually, two pellet bundles because I bought two grills). The Ultimates are OK IMO, but nothing special. As you may suspect, I do like Hickory a lot and used it exclusively in the stick burner I had years ago. Those were the days! ;)

Right now, I am trying to find some LJ Hickory pellets to try, but they are not available locally. I can order via Amazon, but they are kinda pricey that way. The local Tractor Supply says it stocks Bear Mountain Hickory, but I haven’t been down there yet to pick up a bag so I can try them.

Right now, I am trying to find some LJ Hickory pellets to try, but they are not available locally. I can order via Amazon, but they are kinda pricey that way. The local Tractor Supply says it stocks Bear Mountain Hickory, but I haven’t been down there yet to pick up a bag so I can try them.
Jim, I have had some contact with an LJ rep via telephone in the past few months. LJ bags their pellets for Cabela's in that brand packaging and it is the same pellet as what is in the LJ packaging. If there is a Cabela's or a Bass Pro Shop reasonably near you, you can check the store website and reserve for you to pick up. If you prefer to re-verify through the LJ people, I initiated contact by email and followed by phone. I use the Bear Mtn products and like any that I have gotten from Tractor Supply.
Semper Fi

Jim, I have had some contact with an LJ rep via telephone in the past few months. LJ bags their pellets for Cabela's in that brand packaging and it is the same pellet as what is in the LJ packaging. If there is a Cabela's or a Bass Pro Shop reasonably near you, you can check the store website and reserve for you to pick up. If you prefer to re-verify through the LJ people, I initiated contact by email and followed by phone. I use the Bear Mtn products and like any that I have gotten from Tractor Supply.
Semper Fi
Thanks, @LarryCTN; there’s a Cabelas about 70 miles away. I do get down that way once-in-a-great-while, so will have to see about stopping in for pellets.

Haven't n seen the Kingsford, are they 100% or a bunch of fillers ? Let us know how you like them, if clean burning, little ash, etc.
LJ fan here, 80¢ more when sales are on.
Depends, they have several different types. Walmart sells them too. I’m over halfway through a Hickory bag and they are very good. NO FILLER and NO BLEND. 100% HICKORY. Very hard to find a 100% wood I might say after searching many different local stores. Seems everything is a blend or if the bag said Hickory, I never saw the “100%”. There was always the word “blend” in fine print. The Kingsford says “100% Hickory”.

Attachments

• 0A6194AB-4CEB-476B-A725-0BC7DC417C81.jpeg
    0A6194AB-4CEB-476B-A725-0BC7DC417C81.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 82
Definitely no Menards in WA!

As for Kingsford pellets, they are “!00% hardwood blend.” That probably means a base of oak or alder with flavor woods mixed in. I have only used their Hickory pellets (which are also a blend, not 100% hickory) and I did like them. A 20# bag was included with the “pellet bundle” when I bought my RT. I haven’t—yet—purchased any more of the Kingsford, but might.

I’m still trying to use up the RT Ultimate Blend pellets I got in the pellet bundle (actually, two pellet bundles because I bought two grills). The Ultimates are OK IMO, but nothing special. As you may suspect, I do like Hickory a lot and used it exclusively in the stick burner I had years ago. Those were the days! ;)

Post a picture of the bag you have. I’m wondering which one you used? They do have a “Classic Blend” which are hickory, cherry and oak. This is what I have and they are AWESOME. Can find at Walmart or Publix.

Attachments

• D80CE2C1-661C-4B62-990A-85BCE67CFAB8.jpeg
    D80CE2C1-661C-4B62-990A-85BCE67CFAB8.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 72
Depends, they have several different types. Walmart sells them too. I’m over halfway through a Hickory bag and they are very good. NO FILLER and NO BLEND. 100% HICKORY. Very hard to find a 100% wood I might say after searching many different local stores. Seems everything is a blend or if the bag said Hickory, I never saw the “100%”. There was always the word “blend” in fine print. The Kingsford says “100% Hickory”.
Your photo is interesting as this is what the Kingsford website says and shows: https://www.kingsford.com/products/hardwood-pellets/natural-hardwood-blend-pellets-hickory/

Clearly, those are a “Hardwood Blend” rather than “100% Hickory.” I no longer have the bag I used, so can’t verify, but my strong recollection was that it was 100% Hickory. I’m wondering if things have changed or if Kingsford is using an old photo on their website?

Your photo is interesting as this is what the Kingsford website says and shows: https://www.kingsford.com/products/hardwood-pellets/natural-hardwood-blend-pellets-hickory/

Clearly, those are a “Hardwood Blend” rather than “100% Hickory.” I no longer have the bag I used, so can’t verify, but my strong recollection was that it was 100% Hickory. I’m wondering if things have changed or if Kingsford is using an old photo on their website?
Yes I think that’s an old bag quite possibly? It does say the word blend on the front of it but the word hickory is in bold. I think that’s where some people get confused or tricked.

I saved the actual bag I purchased and these are the bags I have seen for sale on store shelves now.

Attachments

• 8BD5345F-96DF-4465-BF4F-884E6019B33C.jpeg
    8BD5345F-96DF-4465-BF4F-884E6019B33C.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 73
Yes I think that’s an old bag quite possibly? It does say the word blend on the front of it but the word hickory is in bold. I think that’s where some people get confused or tricked.

I saved the actual bag I purchased and these are the bags I have seen for sale on store shelves now.
That’s good news as I liked the original bag I had. Our local Walmart doesn’t stock the Hickory, but if I order 3 bags, the shipping is apparently free.

I picked up a bag of Bear Mountain “Hickory” yesterday, but they are a blend with “hardwood.” I’ll see how they compare with the 100% KIngsford Hickory. Still looking for a local source of Lumber Jack Hickory as well.

That Kingsford marketing looks suspicious. It says “For Unbeatable 100% Hickory Smoke Flavor” in the upper right corner. Then it uses the code words for other hardwoods included in the lower right corner “All Natural American Hardwood” with no fillers or binders. Then at the bottom center it says “100% Hickory Wood Pellets”. It would be interesting to know what exactly all that marketing really means.

Well, I just e-mailed Kingsford, asking for clarification. We’ll see what they say, when a reply is received. Don’t hold your breath, however; they have the standard disclaimer that they are receiving lots of inquiries and the response may be delayed.

Their website currently shows Hickory pellets as a blend but the bag has a totally different look than the pictures posted in this thread. Interesting to see what they get back to you with 🤔…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back