Kamado Table

BNeal

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
So, I did a permanent install for my Kamado and was left with the stand. I was going to have it hauled way by the junk people when my wife says "why don't you make a table out of it?". Hmmm... sounds like a good idea. So, I found a round wooden table top on Amazon, made me up a logo for my outdoor kitchen and burned it into the table top with my laser. I thought it turned out pretty cool.

1700240796361.png
1700240835772.png
1700240906650.png

That turned out super nice! Looks like a nice place to have an adult beverage.

Show and Tell time ! You don't have to take a pic, but what's your laser setup? That looks REALLY nice!
I actually took a shot of the setup when I was burning the table top. It's an X-Tool Pro with a 20 watt diode laser. Not a massive machine, but good enough to meet my needs. I even made up a couple matching coasters. ;-)

1700256518462.png
1700256572356.png

Show and Tell time ! You don't have to take a pic, but what's your laser setup? That looks REALLY nice!
If you don’t want to make that investment yourself, it should be easy enough to hire, at a modest cost, someone local to do it for you. I’m a woodworker, but had no interest in making the laser burner time and expense investment myself. These are a pair of cremation urns I made for family members over the last 10 years. A local craft shop did the laser work for me at a very modest cost.
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg

If you don’t want to make that investment yourself, it should be easy enough to hire, at a modest cost, someone local to do it for you. I’m a woodworker, but had no interest in making the laser burner time and expense investment myself. These are a pair of cremation urns I made for family members over the last 10 years. A local craft shop did the laser work for me at a very modest cost.
View attachment 20606View attachment 20607View attachment 20608
Very nice!

So, I did a permanent install for my Kamado and was left with the stand. I was going to have it hauled way by the junk people when my wife says "why don't you make a table out of it?". Hmmm... sounds like a good idea. So, I found a round wooden table top on Amazon, made me up a logo for my outdoor kitchen and burned it into the table top with my laser. I thought it turned out pretty cool.

View attachment 20600View attachment 20601View attachment 20602
Wow! IMHO, that is superb. What a great use of the unneeded stand; it makes a great addition to the outdoor living space. I’m envious.

Well done—very well done!

Wow! IMHO, that is superb. What a great use of the unneeded stand; it makes a great addition to the outdoor living space. I’m envious.

Well done—very well done!
Thanks, Jim! I'm a tinkerer (is that a word?), so, pretty happy with the results. Not all of my tinkering works out like this one.

Geez, @BNeal , first it was @Greg Jones telling me things that I needed, then @Jim6820 showed up with more suggestions. I love a good gadget and even kicked tires on some of these lasers. I managed to put that in check until I saw this. More "tools" in my future I guess.

Geez, @BNeal , first it was @Greg Jones telling me things that I needed, then @Jim6820 showed up with more suggestions. I love a good gadget and even kicked tires on some of these lasers. I managed to put that in check until I saw this. More "tools" in my future I guess.
Lol... totally get that. But if you're into making things, this laser is remarkable. Just do a search and see some of the amazing things people are creating with these things.

View attachment 20600View attachment 20601View attachment 20602
WOW. Very nice!!

View attachment 20606View attachment 20607View attachment 20608

Don't know about that one with that "team up North" inlayed on it. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back