Stampede DIY Folding Table 30 x 18 x 1.5

Rallypig

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I got exremely lucky. I cannot find this cutting board anywhere now that I bought it. Only reviews and if I click on the link in my order it goes to one that is only 17 x 12 x 1 for $37 or a 24 x 18 x 1.5 for $94. I only noticed how cheap it was when I saw that it was not expected to arrive for a month. That was when I went back to my order and saw it was not going to that cutting board any longer. I expected the small one to arrive. But much to my surprise the large one showed. Even though I doubt anyone gets as lucky it is good to know that the 590 has enough weight to support it.

I paid $37.99 and got a 30 x 18 x 1.5 inch cutting board. I got these brackets for 18.99 and like everyone else I had to enlarge the middle hole.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCNQ4H8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Screenshot from orders. It says currently unavailable if I click on buy it again.
1644085463545.png
Upright.jpg
Folded.jpg

Attachments

• 1644085162455.png
    1644085162455.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 115
Thanks for posting this Rallypig. I just ordered the 30 x 18 x 1.5 from Amazon. Strange how the smaller size costs more. 18" seems a little deep and I may take off a few inches from that. I'll know better when I get it. Delivery is scheduled for the end of Feb so they must not have it in stock.

Thanks for posting this Rallypig. I just ordered the 30 x 18 x 1.5 from Amazon. Strange how the smaller size costs more. 18" seems a little deep and I may take off a few inches from that. I'll know better when I get it. Delivery is scheduled for the end of Feb so they must not have it in stock.
I am going paint the top of the brackets that are exposed. Because of the thickness I had to mount it out a little so that it had a little space from the grill when up. I also could not use that last hole to mount to the board. But it is attached with two screws on each bracket.

I got exremely lucky. I cannot find this cutting board anywhere now that I bought it. Only reviews and if I click on the link in my order it goes to one that is only 17 x 12 x 1 for $37 or a 24 x 18 x 1.5 for $94. I only noticed how cheap it was when I saw that it was not expected to arrive for a month. That was when I went back to my order and saw it was not going to that cutting board any longer. I expected the small one to arrive. But much to my surprise the large one showed. Even though I doubt anyone gets as lucky it is good to know that the 590 has enough weight to support it.

I paid $37.99 and got a 30 x 18 x 1.5 inch cutting board. I got these brackets for 18.99 and like everyone else I had to enlarge the middle hole.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCNQ4H8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Screenshot from orders. It says currently unavailable if I click on buy it again.
View attachment 14762View attachment 14763View attachment 14764
Actually it is back. I thought it was misspriced. Wow. Maybe it is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L4Z2R7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmmmm, made from Acacia....
You must avoid areas with heat when using Acacia natural material:
Acacia wood performs well in a temperate environment with a consistent climate. If you place it next to a heat source, then there is a significant risk of warping and or cracking that can occur. You should never place anything made from this natural material next to a fireplace, radiator, or other heat source. This disadvantage is possible even if you place the item in direct sunlight.

Maybe not the best material for this application :unsure:

View attachment 14762View attachment 14763View attachment 14764
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered two of these big ones to make into folding tables for my covered deck. Got them for $37.99 each but it says they won’t be delivered until end of March.

Hmmmm, made from Acacia....
You must avoid areas with heat when using Acacia natural material:
Acacia wood performs well in a temperate environment with a consistent climate. If you place it next to a heat source, then there is a significant risk of warping and or cracking that can occur. You should never place anything made from this natural material next to a fireplace, radiator, or other heat source. This disadvantage is possible even if you place the item in direct sunlight.

Maybe not the best material for this application :unsure:
Thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out and glad I left some space. I will report back. At this price though if it makes it a year or so I am good.

That's a great idea using a cutting board. I want to do this project, but have not decided on what wood I want to use yet.

So far so good, temps have been between 30 - 75 outdie (It is North Carolina) and the grill has seen 550 degrees but I don't expect it to crack or deteriate quickly. Maybe at $37 its not actually Acacia. And they updated shipping like last time on the 2nd one I ordered. either way #37 dollars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back