Bull Just Wondering

hothamp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone ever built a table to hold Both a big green egg and their bull? I was contemplating the design earlier, but was wondering if anyone else had done it before.

I have a Rec Tec Bull, what's this big green thing you speak of? :D ;)

Not sure if any of the members here have a big green egg as well, but wouldn't mind seeing that setup if you find one @hothamp.

Its a kamado style grill, ceramic based and suuuuuper efficient. That style is a serious jack of all trades, you can smoke, hot grill, flame sear, make pizza etc. Does take a bit of skill to learn to use as the ceramic, once heat soaked, if you overshoot your temp by to much it can take forever to bring it back down. Think if it as an outdoor oven with an upward temp limit of about 800.

Screenshot_20190721-175838.png

Take a look at the Facebook RECTEC owners of America group. There are a few that have built outdoor kitchens which incorporate the Bull and a BGE type unit.

Here are a few photos I’ve found (not my setup).

Attachments

• 6ACDD7BE-1904-4091-A840-9BFD5C1617CF.jpeg
    6ACDD7BE-1904-4091-A840-9BFD5C1617CF.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 5EB17009-48A8-4C11-86B0-461BF2FCD195.jpeg
    5EB17009-48A8-4C11-86B0-461BF2FCD195.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 12D28A93-2E55-4753-80E5-63B0C1E29D95.jpeg
    12D28A93-2E55-4753-80E5-63B0C1E29D95.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Its a kamado style grill, ceramic based and suuuuuper efficient. That style is a serious jack of all trades, you can smoke, hot grill, flame sear, make pizza etc. Does take a bit of skill to learn to use as the ceramic, once heat soaked, if you overshoot your temp by to much it can take forever to bring it back down. Think if it as an outdoor oven with an upward temp limit of about 800.
Oh I know :). I have a big green egg and Bull. I’ve had my egg for 5 years my Bull for a year. I’ve had my egg at 1100-1200 it was spun all the way to 300 so that is purely a guestimation. This was more asking if anyone had done anything that I could look at instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Here is South florida...your not cold smoking anything. Ambient is always 80 plus....hell I woke up to 92 this morning... ?
To be fair I cold smoked in the fall here. It was 83 when I woke up here. I couldn't cold smoke in the summer here.

You could try using a smoke tube in a cooler with ice. you would need to find a way to vent it and possibly feed oxygen to the smoke tube.

Awesome pictures are a must. Let us know how it works out. Quick question off topic. How did you get the military veteran on your profile tag? I'm also a vet.

I wonder if you could do something based not he premise of
https://brokelyn.com/mythbusters-diy-air-conditioner/

Only using a smoke tube... only not such a big fan too much o2 would get it too hot and burn it up too fast. Smaller air outlet so the smoke couldn't escape as quickly.
Did you read the article....didnt work out to good for them....but for what we are trying to accomplish....I think we can pull this off...LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back