Bull Just Ordered the RT-700

MissynSac

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello,

mom sure I will find answers to my MANY questions here as I start browsing/searching, I’ll apologize in advance for asking too many “that’s been posted” questions 😊

I’m in California, order went to a BulkBreak place on 4/29 (within a day), but nothing since. I looked all over but couldn’t find an “estimated” timeframe. I saw posts for like 16 days to Virginia, some posts on 7/2 saying it arrived on the 4th of July…but nothing to know if I should expect it in say 4 days or 9 days or 16 days to California. Im home everyday so the day of week / time of day won’t be an issue to accept.

I saw videos here on setup, I’m a bit concerned about getting this done due to the weight, but hopefully neighbors will t be too virus adverse to helping.

I’m looking forward to my first real barbecue (only had grills before).

Thank you to all that post recipes, tips, etc

Missy

oh, I goofed not getting any accessories- I thought it came with the cooking rack and shelf. Grrrr, I’m sure I can find some good posts if to see if they’re worth ordering on the side or finding another option. M~

Congratulations!

You're going to love your 700. These things are pretty awesome.

Waiting for delivery is the hardest part of the process. It's hard to tell how long it will take these days, but you should get a call to schedule delivery.

Your smoker does come with the cooking grate. You are good to go.

Good luck!

Good choice! It will help if you can get a hand putting together.. do watch the video as it really helps. Not hard at all.. very easy just another set if hands is helpful especially with getting upright.

Lots of help here so post away as needed!

Most if all .. enjoy!

I thought it came with the cooking rack and shelf.
I think you definitely want that shelf-I can’t think of any accessory more important than the shelf. I’d wait on ordering the big rack in particular. I use the small rack often, have two of them in fact. I’ll use them over a hotel pan to catch the drippings, or flip them upside down and grill vegetables in them. The big rack, I seldom use.

@MissynSac shipping takes about a week to California once the grill is on the road (I’m in Modesto). When it gets to the final terminal they will call and schedule delivery. The driver is supposed to just drop it in your driveway but most will move it into your garage if you ask.

As far as the accessories I agree with @Greg Jones on the front shelf. If this a your only grill you may want to get the grill grates for when you use it as a grill rather than a smoker.

The hardest part of the process really is waiting for your new toy to arrive. Good luck!

It does help with a second person, but most of the assembly can be done alone. I picked mine up at the warehouse and thought how the heck am I going to get this thing to the back porch. Once you start unpacking and pull out all the pieces it's manageable for assembly. Like @sdynak said getting it upright will need some help.

I agree with the front shelf as well. I've never had a shelf on any of my other grills and thought I didn't really need one, but with this purchase I had the 'buy once, cry once' mentality. And I NEEDED a shelf. Haha. You'll use it more than you realize. Even if it's just to sit down a drink when checking on a cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back