Japanese style baby back ribs

The Bachan's Japanese BBQ sauce is almost addictive. I've got pork chops in the works for tonight with it finishing my pineapple marinade on the gasser. I've tried it after cook with ribs and pork butt. Great show and your ribs look terrific.

I could be wrong, but my Japanese side is telling me that the brand is pronounced Baa-Chon, which is a bit of a shortened slang for O-ba-chon, which means either "grandma" or "auntie" depending on the emphasis of the letter "a". If pronounced with a double bounce "ba-a-chon" it would be grandma, with a single annunciation "ba-chon" it would be "auntie". So, "auntie's Japanese barbeque sauce" is the interpretation that strikes me.

Edit: and I'm wrong... Here's their story. https://bachans.com/pages/our-story

(y)Looks great. I gotta get some.

Last edited:
I've seen that in Costco, when I picked up the bottle the sauce seemed so thin I put it back. I guess with a few endorsements from fellow forum members I'll have to actually put it in the cart next trip.

I've seen that in Costco, when I picked up the bottle the sauce seemed so thin I put it back. I guess with a few endorsements from fellow forum members I'll have to actually put it in the cart next trip.
Looks like they hit it big. They're on Amazon, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Ralphs, Kroeger, etc.

Search you area here https://bachans.com/pages/find-us

Saw the Bachan sauce @ Target today for $8.99
I couldn’t get myself to purchase it for such a small bottle. I would use that whole thing in one-shot for a whole chicken or a batch of thighs. I can see if you don’t have all the ingredients on hand and/or in a rush then yes. But for those that have tried them and make your own marinades/sauces, are they really just as good or better?

Man I love that stuff, started using it for wings referenced with Matt on MeatChurch. I am using the Yuzi sauce with shrimp next. Never been disappointing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back