Bullseye It has landed!!

Look around the bottom of hopper and the grid underneath and make sure there is no distortion.. The fan should not hit anything when lifting the lid of using the handle on the hopper. (even tho you are advised not to move the 380 while cooking). Mine was bent and distorted at the bottom of the hopper when it arrived, and any movement caused the fan to strike the bottom. I had to replace a bent grid underneath, and straighten the hopper bottom. That cured it. The hopper will distort a bit when you lift by the side handle, but should not touch the fan.

Look around the bottom of hopper and the grid underneath and make sure there is no distortion.. The fan should not hit anything when lifting the lid of using the handle on the hopper. (even tho you are advised not to move the 380 while cooking). Mine was bent and distorted at the bottom of the hopper when it arrived, and any movement caused the fan to strike the bottom. I had to replace a bent grid underneath, and straighten the hopper bottom. That cured it. The hopper will distort a bit when you lift by the side handle, but should not touch the fan.
Thanks Okie, I'll examine it more. Appreciate the heads up.

Looks like they drug your boxes to hell and back before delivering them. Was anything beat up inside the packaging?
Not at all...actually everything was good to go other than the fan issue.

IIRC, sometime back there was a thread (or, at least some posts) about the fans needing an initial manual spin to loosen them up. Something to do with sitting static for a long time during shipping. I think once they started running, the problem didn’t reoccur.
Yep, you are correct. I had the same problem -- would not light, and filled up the firepot with pellets. Called "Support", and he told me to lift up the hopper side of the grill with the power off, and drop it back down on the ground. Turned it back on, and fan started spinning. He said that as they sit in storage (boat or warehouse), they have had a problem with the fan grease, hardening up. Just have to break it loose. Mine has worked fine (except for one auger jam...grrrr), ever since. I love my Bulls-Eye.

Yep, you are correct. I had the same problem -- would not light, and filled up the firepot with pellets. Called "Support", and he told me to lift up the hopper side of the grill with the power off, and drop it back down on the ground. Turned it back on, and fan started spinning. He said that as they sit in storage (boat or warehouse), they have had a problem with the fan grease, hardening up. Just have to break it loose. Mine has worked fine (except for one auger jam...grrrr), ever since. I love my Bulls-Eye.
I was still having an issue with the fan hitting the shroud. It did it to me again today. I watched a YouTube video on how to adjust that shroud. It’s running fine since then. I’ll attach a few pics. Of the 11 screws I removed after I bent the shroud I wasn’t able to screw back in the lower ones on both sides. I’m about to lift the handle as well with no running of the fan.

ECC98829-CDDD-4DD4-A8FE-0DF8C567CC31.jpeg

4EF1955E-BE3E-4F1E-81F7-B7F89B62AFA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back