Bullseye It has landed!!

sweeter94626

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Super stoked about this!!

E7E7937B-2438-4B7B-B002-81FC649303BC.jpeg

Enjoy the Bullseye, it’s a fun cooker. it’s different from the others but a great grill in its own right.

Congrats! The Bullseye is my everyday go to. I have not used my Weber gasser since getting the RT-B380 in May. During the initial burn ins and first cooks it's not unusual for large temperature spikes when you first start it until the PID learns your grill. It will settle in after a few cooks.

Last edited:
I was able to get it together and ready to go but it’s been lack luster so far. Followed the manual for starting and the only way I’ve been able to achieve a temperature able 200F is to use a torch to keep the fire lit. The auger is constantly running and it’s overflowing the firebox.

DB837186-B9DD-4194-A715-AD71AF67A9CD.jpeg

Looks like you have way too many pellets in the fire pot and can’t get proper combustion. I’d recommend turning the unit off and safely getting those pellets out then putting a small handful in and starting again.

Looks like you have way too many pellets in the fire pot and can’t get proper combustion. I’d recommend turning the unit off and safely getting those pellets out then putting a small handful in and starting again.
Waterboy,
I tried that twice. I cleared the firebox then added around a half cup back in and lit it up for a few minutes then plugged the unit back in. The auger continued to run and it went back to a smolder. I’ll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

It could be a bad igniter. Try running it through the test modes to make sure things are working. Here are the instructions if you want to try it. If you don’t figure it out easily call support. They’ll walk you through it and if you need any new parts will get them out right away. Good luck and hang in there, it’ll be worth it.

It could be a bad igniter. Try running it through the test modes to make sure things are working. Here are the instructions if you want to try it. If you don’t figure it out easily call support. They’ll walk you through it and if you need any new parts will get them out right away. Good luck and hang in there, it’ll be worth it.
Thank you. I ran test mode. I didn’t have any error codes and everything appeared to run. When the fan run is it very quiet?

After trying again this morning I patiently waited 30 minutes while it was warming up and observed a ER-2 code appear. I lit the fire pot manually and after another 30 minutes the temp was only around 200 again. I also noted the fan wasn't spinning, after a few taps and eventually having to insert a screw driver through the slots and give the fan a jump start its working now. I'll see what pans out from here. Thanks for all of your responses.

Last edited:
I suspect the fan was your problem-these grills do not get enough oxygen in the fire pot if the fan isn’t running. If you are lucky, the fan issue may now be fixed. However, sometimes these grills arrive with the fan rubbing on the shroud, and users have needed to remove the cover and tweak the fan to get the needed clearance.

I suspect the fan was your problem-these grills do not get enough oxygen in the fire pot if the fan isn’t running. If you are lucky, the fan issue may now be fixed. However, sometimes these grills arrive with the fan rubbing on the shroud, and users have needed to remove the cover and tweak the fan to get the needed clearance.
Greg,
It’s running along great at the moment. Any movement of the handle does cause the fan to contact the shroud so I’ll just need to set it in it’s place and not move it. I know there will be some growing pains along the way. Thanks again.

Greg,
It’s running along great at the moment. Any movement of the handle does cause the fan to contact the shroud so I’ll just need to set it in it’s place and not move it. I know there will be some growing pains along the way. Thanks again.
That will happen when lifting the handle. I see they are out of stock now, but DRG makes a brace for the handle that fixes that. recteq should fix this issue on the Bullseye. They are aware of the problem, and they supply DRG with the OEM plastic handle.

That will happen when lifting the handle. I see they are out of stock now, but DRG makes a brace for the handle that fixes that. recteq should fix this issue on the Bullseye. They are aware of the problem, and they supply DRG with the OEM plastic handle.
Thanks for the info on that.

IIRC, sometime back there was a thread (or, at least some posts) about the fans needing an initial manual spin to loosen them up. Something to do with sitting static for a long time during shipping. I think once they started running, the problem didn’t reoccur.

Thanks Jim,
Once I was able to get the fan rotating I didn't have another issue other than the fan hitting the shroud while moving or lifting the lid.

Those look good! Glad you are up and running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back