Is this an early stall?

JohnDS

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Is this an early stall?
Screenshot_20230326-072933_Gallery.jpg

You guess is as good as mine but I’d leave it on and verify the internal temp with an instant read? I’ve not had a stall that low but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Have you guys ever done a corned beef? I can't wait to try it out. I love corned beef in general so how can't this make it better? Lol

What’s not to like about corned beef? It is one of our favorites. Interestingly enough, we haven’t yet smoked one and that’s on the to-do short list.

Sure looks like a stall to me. I have noticed that cured meats like corned beef and even ham can act differently than unmolested meat.

Is this an early stall?
View attachment 18882
I don't worry at all about "the Stall".. I throw the meat on and around 150-160 internal temp, I will get a bark color and texture I am looking for... each piece of meat is different. As soon as the look and feel is what I want, I will wrap, regardless of whether it reached the stall or not. Sometimes I will use the pink butcher paper but sometimes I will use foil. Foil gives it more of a steamed look and paper doesn't. I use foil also because the juices are used to make gravy... that is used as beef base and it lasts well after the meat is gone... we even use it for soups and other dishes. LOL.

So you see, nothing is too standard. I believe in touchy-touchy-feely-feely romance. Being a diabetic, I put together my own combination of spices or herbs and rubs... no sugar. I love doing this... lots of fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back