Bull Early Christmas Present to Myself -- RT700

Fishstix60

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
First time poster here. Just ordered a new RT700 for myself and waiting on shipment within the next couple days. I understand that this thing is built like a tank and is heavy. At delivery time, I plan on putting it in the garage until I have time to assemble it. My plan is to assemble it in the garage since it's winter time in Ohio and the garage is well lit and warm, but once it's assembled, I'll need to move it to the back of the house on our patio, and will have to travel through the yard. Are there handholds that are sturdy enough to use to lift this thing (plan on 2-3 people) in the fully assembled state, or would it be better to carry the individual parts to the back patio first and deal with assembling it outside in the cold weather?

First time poster here. Just ordered a new RT700 for myself and waiting on shipment within the next couple days. I understand that this thing is built like a tank and is heavy. At delivery time, I plan on putting it in the garage until I have time to assemble it. My plan is to assemble it in the garage since it's winter time in Ohio and the garage is well lit and warm, but once it's assembled, I'll need to move it to the back of the house on our patio, and will have to travel through the yard. Are there handholds that are sturdy enough to use to lift this thing (plan on 2-3 people) in the fully assembled state, or would it be better to carry the individual parts to the back patio first and deal with assembling it outside in the cold weather?
If the ground is frozen just roll it to the patio. Even if it is not frozen you can do that. If the ground is wet and soggy that would be a problem. Not sure about 2 people just lifting it up never tried that myself but is probably doable. Do not know how you would get a third person positioned to help with lifting it.

Merry Christmas GIF by Macy's

If the ground is not frozen, use the box to your benefit. Cut the long sides apart, two people roll the grill, the third person keeps moving the box sides from the rear of the grill to the front. You couldn’t afford to buy enough beer to get me and another pal to help you carry a 700!

Also, if your patio is fenced in with a gate, make sure the 700 will clear before you assemble it in the garage. With the hopper on the rear, it’s very deep.

If the ground is not frozen, use the box to your benefit. Cut the long sides apart, two people roll the grill, the third person keeps moving the box sides from the rear of the grill to the front. You couldn’t afford to buy enough beer to get me and another pal to help you carry a 700!

Also, if your patio is fenced in with a gate, make sure the 700 will clear before you assemble it in the garage. With the hopper on the rear, it’s very deep.
And watch the horns as well, don’t ask. 🙄

Congrats on your purchase. I wish you many years of happy grilling. My Bull has provided a lot of joy to our family and friends. They say the kitchen is the gathering place in a house for entertaining. That was before people see you on the RT700.

Just a word of caution. Be careful on how you move your smoker across the yard. If you have potholes, rocks or other similar obstructions, and did not get the competition cart, you could incur damage to your wheels or possibly bend a leg. If there is any doubt in the smoothness of your grill’s commute (I‘ve spent a lot of time in Ohio and know all about the rough roads, haha), take your time and enlist a friend to lift the grill over the rough spots and you will be happy forever. The Bull is a beast but just like a real Bull, their Achilles’ heal are the legs and feet. Smoke on!!!

I built mine in the garage but rolled it through my house to the patio. Did not install the bull handles until after I had it in it's final spot.

Welcome to the Forum and the RecTec Family
"Just keep 'er filled"
Don't waist the space .... or the Pellets

When moving / lifting .... don't lift from the Side Shelf !

Hey FishStix ....Enjoy your new Grill ;)

I just received my 700 and had to move it to the rear of my house without assistance. It should arrive on double wood pallets. In my case, I turned one of the pallets upside down, tied a rope to the front of the pallet and used it as a skid. All worked out well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back