Is Recteq not selling the RT-340 seperately anymore?

Chief_USN_Ret

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Was contemplating getting a 340 to go along with my 590. (wanted something I could throw in the back of a truck for Picnics/Tailgating, or have as an extra side cooker when doing multiple cooks (like 4-5 racks of ribs on my 590 and a Butt on the 340 etc.) All I see is the RT-340 with a Pellet bundle ( that I dont want ).
I sure hope they are, if they are not soon I may have to go get the Grilla Chimp I have my eyeball on (they really upped their game lately).

I’m sure they would sell it without the pellets if you call or write them.

I had the same problem when I wanted a 340. Contacted RT, and got a response. Rt said the 340 is too heavy for UPS to handle, and too light for freight carriers to handle. So they had to add the pellet bundle to get the weight up. They then gave $75 dollars off the total package that made the deal for me. That was 160 pounds of RT pellets, and 60 pounds of Kingsford pellets. That's been since April. I'm just finishing the first 40 pound bag of RT pellets. I haven't had any long cooks. Mostly fish and veggies. That's just what we eat mostly. If you want the 340 by it's self you'll have to go to RT in GA and pick it up.

I had the same problem when I wanted a 340. Contacted RT, and got a response. Rt said the 340 is too heavy for UPS to handle, and too light for freight carriers to handle. So they had to add the pellet bundle to get the weight up. They then gave $75 dollars off the total package that made the deal for me. That was 160 pounds of RT pellets, and 60 pounds of Kingsford pellets. That's been since April. I'm just finishing the first 40 pound bag of RT pellets. I haven't had any long cooks. Mostly fish and veggies. That's just what we eat mostly. If you want the 340 by it's self you'll have to go to RT in GA and pick it up.
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well guess I'll be picking up that Grilla Grill Chimp model then.
Thanks!

I did look at the Green Mountain Davey Crocket grill a long time before I found RT. I happy with my 340.

If you are located anywhere near me, I will be happy to buy those pellets from you! (either way good luck with your purchase!)

I’m sure they would sell it without the pellets if you call or write them.
When I bought mine, I had to take the bundle. When I called them they said that is the only way I could get it. I still have 95% of the pellets. I Just don't like them.

When I bought mine, I had to take the bundle. When I called them they said that is the only way I could get it. I still have 95% of the pellets. I Just don't like them.
Ya, someone up above mentioned that it had to do with reaching a minimum shipping/freight weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back