Bull Incoming Bull!

Kamikazee494

So I have a delivery appointment set for Monday the 14th between 9 and noon. I’m banking on noon when it gets delivered...or later with my luck! I figure with assembly and burn in it will be around 3:00 PM. Any thoughts on first cook on the Bull that would be ready in time for dinner. I no stranger to smoked meats but this will be my first attempt on a pellet grill.
Thanks!

If you are going to burn it in that late and want dinner off of it I’d opt for steaks, hamburgers, hot and fast tri tip or the typical chicken thighs. All can be cooked at 400 as soon as the burn 8n is done.

I wouldn’t mess with letting the grill cool and try for smoke. Just do something hot and fast. Make sure you use probes and/or an instant read thermometer to get it the way you like it. You family will thank you. 😋

If you are going to burn it in that late and want dinner off of it I’d opt for steaks, hamburgers, hot and fast tri tip or the typical chicken thighs. All can be cooked at 400 as soon as the burn 8n is done.

I wouldn’t mess with letting the grill cool and try for smoke. Just do something hot and fast. Make sure you use probes and/or an instant read thermometer to get it the way you like it. You family will thank you. 😋
Good suggestions. I was thinking of 1/2 pound burgers. I typically cook them at 225 indirect heat on my Weber kettle and sear at the end. Do you think this would be a good way to go after burn in. Let the grill temp cool to 225 and then throw the burgers on?

It will absolutely work that way, just more work to smoke them for awhile, take them off to heat the grill up for searing, then finish them off. I don’t remember if you got the grill grates but if you didn’t I’d eaither sear on the kettle or just do the whole cook at 400 after the burn in. I don’t try to smoke burgers anymore. I just cook them hot all the way (usually on the flat side of my grill grates). I don’t get much smoke flavor but it is still great flavor and better than our Weber gas grill gives them.

It will absolutely work that way, just more work to smoke them for awhile, take them off to heat the grill up for searing, then finish them off. I don’t remember if you got the grill grates but if you didn’t I’d eaither sear on the kettle or just do the whole cook at 400 after the burn in. I don’t try to smoke burgers anymore. I just cook them hot all the way (usually on the flat side of my grill grates). I don’t get much smoke flavor but it is still great flavor and better than our Weber gas grill gives them.
Good tips. Im thinking cooking them at 400 might be the way to go. 225 takes awhile. Can't wait!

Your time line will work....with an assistant to help assembly. If assembling by yourself, enjoy the wrestling match with 300 lbs of dead weight....which is a good thing:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back