Bull I hope I’m not stripped of my RT-700 for this but

That's not a bad idea at all except for the added cost to grilling. I would not get hung up on the bashing bit. Remember they are your neighbors on this earth, too.

I use to foil when in newb status, but quickly realized the foil was more trouble and didn't work as well as I thought it would; creating ripples to stop the grease flow, and by some miracle allowed grease to still get under it. I might try those trays and see if they are a compromise between scraping or foiling. Thanks!

For the most part we all use tin foil to cover our drip try but today I was in Home Depot and spotted these Traeger aluminum tray covers for their grills and just so happen that one of their grill pans same dimensions as the bull. So picked them up and currently have a traeger branded pan catching my grease lol
You can get them on Amazon as well, and they've been one of the recommendations here for a while. Much easier than foil, but you have to watch that grease doesn't go down the sides and get underneath.

That's not a bad idea at all except for the added cost to grilling. I would not get hung up on the bashing bit. Remember they are your neighbors on this earth, too.

I use to foil when in newb status, but quickly realized the foil was more trouble and didn't work as well as I thought it would; creating ripples to stop the grease flow, and by some miracle allowed grease to still get under it. I might try those trays and see if they are a compromise between scraping or foiling. Thanks!

Grease used to get under the foil until I started wrapping it over the edge. Now, no more under the foil. getting the foil flat is a bit of an art. Getting the grill level is a must, both left to right and front to back.

I have been using these Traeger pan liners for about 3 years but I also use a disposable cookie sheet right below whatever I am cooking. My grease bucket has not seen grease in the 7 years I have had my 680 but it does hang there just in case.

Attachments

• 20210531_080159.jpg
    20210531_080159.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
For the most part we all use tin foil to cover our drip try but today I was in Home Depot and spotted these Traeger aluminum tray covers for their grills and just so happen that one of their grill pans same dimensions as the bull. So picked them up and currently have a traeger branded pan catching my grease lol
Guessing these don't fit RT-590's

they work perfectly on the Bull

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back