Bull I am so incredibly impressed.

meat_treats

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My grill just got home last night after a 5 day journey across the country and a 3 night stay at the freight yard. The freight yard had called on Thursday to tell me they weren't sure when it would be ready to pickup, but probably Tuesday. It came in Friday night, but past business hours, and they were closed over the weekend. Got down there on Monday after work and loaded that magnificent brown box into the back of my truck.

Assembly - For me this is typically the worst part of getting a new toy, but I have to say RecTec did an amazing job. When they say you need a partner to lift and tip this thing it is not a joke. What a beast! Other than that I did all the assembly by myself and it took roughly 40 minutes to bolt everything up. This is one of the highest quality BBQ's I have ever seen. The craftsmanship and materials are all very high. The only complaint I have with the instruction manual was the bolt package was labeled with letters that weren't referenced in the steps. Pretty easy to figure out, but would have made it go faster. I would also not recommend reading the instructions on your phone. Print it out, use a tablet, or a computer, but the phone was too small to see the incredibly helpful pictures.

WiFi - I was blessed to have a Comcast router which has dual band and this unfortunately made the setup a little complicated. Fortunately the guides online were super helpful. Connected to the router, turned off the 5ghz channel and was able to get everything all connected. Did the burn-in period, put some pork steaks in the fridge to thaw and called it a night.

The Big Day - Fired up Meat Treats from my office, and the level of satisfaction from seeing that smoke blow across my window while taking a meeting was high. Took the meat out and dusted it with Salt and Butt Rub. Once the grill hit 220 I threw on the meat, popped in a probe and went about my day. The app is super cool, the notifications are great. My steaks hit 145 after 3 hrs and I cranked it up to 400 for the final 30. I insisted to myself that I would trust the process and not peak. That was really difficult! If anyone from RecTec is reading - please increase the frequency on the delay when entering a new temp before sending out a push notification. The notifications pile up if you don't tap the +/- super fast.

Results - Pictures are worth 1000 words - I am in love.

Attachments

• photo_2020-06-09_20-02-03.jpg
    photo_2020-06-09_20-02-03.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 116
  • photo_2020-06-09_20-02-00.jpg
    photo_2020-06-09_20-02-00.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 99
  • photo_2020-06-09_20-01-56.jpg
    photo_2020-06-09_20-01-56.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 88
  • photo_2020-06-09_20-02-28.jpg
    photo_2020-06-09_20-02-28.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 94
New owner here too. I keep dreaming up more and more stuff to cook. Just to keep it burning. Doing yet another pork butt tomorrow for my birthday.

New owner here too. I keep dreaming up more and more stuff to cook. Just to keep it burning. Doing yet another pork butt tomorrow for my birthday.
Happy Birthday! I will be doing a chuck roast tomorrow for chili on Thursday. Then I need to figure out what's on for this weekend. ?

Great pics! You won't regret your new Bull, it's an excellent piece of equipment and will make your smoking/grilling life a lot easier alright. Also, thanks for the positive write-up. It's refreshing to me to read positive post's about new grills instead of issues............whether warranted or not! (y)

Last edited:
Glad the assembly went smoothly for you, these grills will keep getting better for you with each use. I agree with you the app could use a little more work.

Last edited:
Almost everyone is impressed with the packaging and the assembly. While these are 2 great things, the cooking is the big deal. Those steaks look amazing. The more you use the bull the more things you do with it. You might want to consider getting the sear grates and the front shelf. Both have been really great additions to my bull. Keep sending pics as you cook more things. The forum has some great people and is really good for sharing cooks and ideas. ??

My grill just got home last night after a 5 day journey across the country and a 3 night stay at the freight yard. The freight yard had called on Thursday to tell me they weren't sure when it would be ready to pickup, but probably Tuesday. It came in Friday night, but past business hours, and they were closed over the weekend. Got down there on Monday after work and loaded that magnificent brown box into the back of my truck.

Assembly - For me this is typically the worst part of getting a new toy, but I have to say RecTec did an amazing job. When they say you need a partner to lift and tip this thing it is not a joke. What a beast! Other than that I did all the assembly by myself and it took roughly 40 minutes to bolt everything up. This is one of the highest quality BBQ's I have ever seen. The craftsmanship and materials are all very high. The only complaint I have with the instruction manual was the bolt package was labeled with letters that weren't referenced in the steps. Pretty easy to figure out, but would have made it go faster. I would also not recommend reading the instructions on your phone. Print it out, use a tablet, or a computer, but the phone was too small to see the incredibly helpful pictures.

WiFi - I was blessed to have a Comcast router which has dual band and this unfortunately made the setup a little complicated. Fortunately the guides online were super helpful. Connected to the router, turned off the 5ghz channel and was able to get everything all connected. Did the burn-in period, put some pork steaks in the fridge to thaw and called it a night.

The Big Day - Fired up Meat Treats from my office, and the level of satisfaction from seeing that smoke blow across my window while taking a meeting was high. Took the meat out and dusted it with Salt and Butt Rub. Once the grill hit 220 I threw on the meat, popped in a probe and went about my day. The app is super cool, the notifications are great. My steaks hit 145 after 3 hrs and I cranked it up to 400 for the final 30. I insisted to myself that I would trust the process and not peak. That was really difficult! If anyone from RecTec is reading - please increase the frequency on the delay when entering a new temp before sending out a push notification. The notifications pile up if you don't tap the +/- super fast.

Results - Pictures are worth 1000 words - I am in love.
Congrats on the new Bull, I am a proud owner of a 4 week old Bull!

I agree the app needs to delay notifications when users are adjusting the temperature. I would suggest a 15 second delay. That should give someone plenty of time to adjust from a low temperature to a high temperature. 30 Seconds would be great just in case someone is a slow clicker!

Congrats! That is great! Glad you are enjoying your new grill and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the new Bull, I am a proud owner of a 4 week old Bull!

I agree the app needs to delay notifications when users are adjusting the temperature. I would suggest a 15 second delay. That should give someone plenty of time to adjust from a low temperature to a high temperature. 30 Seconds would be great just in case someone is a slow clicker!
You don't have to click the temperature + or - just hold them down until you get to the temperature your looking for, you will get less notifications using it this way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back