Bull How do you store your Pellets ?

I store 100 lbs of various pellets this way. My wife made up some magnets that I store inside the bins and when I fill the hopper with a solo batch or mixed batch, I put the magnet(s) inside the RT hopper. Looks nice sitting next to the Bull RT-700.
Hard core!

I keep my pellets in their original bag until I am ready to use it. I store all my unopened bags on the bottom wire shelf of my storage rack in the garage. I've read that it's not good to store them on the concrete floor itself. Maybe that's a myth. But I've always kept them off the floor. A wooden pallet works as well. (I used to buy my pellets by the half-pallet anyway.)

Once I open a bag, pour what I want or need into the pellet hopper, I store the leftovers in 5-gallon paint buckets I buy from Home Depot...with a lid. Those are kept on the wire shelf next to the unopened bags of pellets.

Yes...when I get down to the odds and ends I mix them up and use them in a cook.

In lieu of buying some kit, I use one of our regular colanders to pour pellets into before dumping them in the hopper. This way, I leave most of the dust in the bucket. When the bucket of pellets is pretty much used up, I use the colander to sift the rest of the good pellets from the bucket and dump the dust into the trash.

I keep my pellets in their original bag until I am ready to use it. I store all my unopened bags on the bottom wire shelf of my storage rack in the garage. I've read that it's not good to store them on the concrete floor itself. Maybe that's a myth. But I've always kept them off the floor. A wooden pallet works as well. (I used to buy my pellets by the half-pallet anyway.)

Once I open a bag, pour what I want or need into the pellet hopper, I store the leftovers in 5-gallon paint buckets I buy from Home Depot...with a lid. Those are kept on the wire shelf next to the unopened bags of pellets.

Yes...when I get down to the odds and ends I mix them up and use them in a cook.

In lieu of buying some kit, I use one of our regular colanders to pour pellets into before dumping them in the hopper. This way, I leave most of the dust in the bucket. When the bucket of pellets is pretty much used up, I use the colander to sift the rest of the good pellets from the bucket and dump the dust into the trash.
I use an old flour softer when I get near the bottom of the pail to get rid of the dust.

I have 6 of these containers on the deck. Holds a 40 pound bag of pellets.

Attachments

• 237.JPG
    237.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 248.JPG
    248.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 94

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back