Bull How do you char meat or chicken?

BruceAL

I'm new at using my RecTec 700. When cooking meat or chicken, I can't get a good char on the meat. My wife thinks we need to buy another grill that has a griddle. Does anyone know how to get a good sear or char on meat or chicken with the RecTec?
Thanks.

I have a 700. I sear/char on other cookers. Blackstone flat top, Weber kettle, gas grill. Depending on what I am cooking. In my opinion it is impossible to do it on the Recteq

I use my komado for grilling steaks and chops. The gasser gets used for veggies to keep their taste clean and smokeless.

I only use my RT Bull for smoking.

I use a little Weber Q with grill grates , works perfect for burgers steaks chicken

I did burgers a few times on the Bull and thought they tasted good but didn’t like the char it produces (or doesn’t). Last cook I went back to the gasser and got a great char. While we were eating my wife asked If I would do them on the Bull next time. She likes the flavor better off the pellet grill and doesn’t care about the char…go figure.

I always char on a separate grill at around 450 degrees for 3-4 minutes on each side of a spatchcocked chicken. It's enough to blacken it nicely, and then I transfer over to the RT700.

I use grill grates on my Bull. Flat side when I want an even crust and the ridged side when I want lines. I generally run it on Full when searing.

I'm cooking steaks on the Bull tonight. I have a set of grill grates from my traeger (18.5" as opposed to the ones for the Recteq at 19.25".....I'm not going to spend another $85 to get a set that is .75" longer).

I like to smoke the steaks for 45-60 minutes (until 110 degrees), then I take them off and rest them while I wait for the grill to hit it's highest setting. Then I take the steaks and sear them. Pretty much a standard reverse sear method.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back