Has anyone added a second cooking shelf to there 680 or Bull ?

Ray

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Here is what I have done to my Rec Tec 680.

@Ray that looks really nice. Does the bolts interfere with stock grill grates at all?

I'm still unsure if I'm going to buy the Rec Tec second shelf or make my own still.

Mike the bolts do not interfere as they are mounted outside on the lip. I wanted a shelf that would slide out without moving any of the food on the bottom shelf.

Mike the bolts do not interfere as they are mounted outside on the lip. I wanted a shelf that would slide out without moving any of the food on the bottom shelf.
Looks real nice. I'm thinking I might have to make up something similar.

Ray, that is great. I have the RT accessory second shelf, but the ability to slide the second shelf out is key. I am handy but not sure I could pull that one off. Nice job.

Thanks I do have a welder and cutting torch. If you notice I left the fold down legs on the second shelf so I could use it in my other smoker if I needed more space

I went a different route, thru side of unit (680) Installed 2 screws on each end. I made 2 steel rails of tube, one end sides on the other I cut a slot on the bottom so it sets on the screw. On these 2 rails I set 2 racks from my electric smoker. I'm just not a fan of the expanded metal rack available from Rec Tec.

I went a different route, thru side of unit (680) Installed 2 screws on each end. I made 2 steel rails of tube, one end sides on the other I cut a slot on the bottom so it sets on the screw. On these 2 rails I set 2 racks from my electric smoker. I'm just not a fan of the expanded metal rack available from Rec Tec.
Do you happen to have any pictures of this?

Some picks would be great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back