Got the RT700 but need more room!

aparise

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After 15+ years as an egg guy, I sold it and got the RT700. Really like the convenience, and I’m getting to know it more every cook. Playing with pellet midterms for different meats etc.
my challenge is the large shelf has been in backorder and I need more space. Has anyone found another option?
Thanks

There is a thread titled “Jerky Trays for the RT 700”. You should check that out (I would include a link but haven’t figured that one out yet). The Camp Chef jerky rack is mentioned with a little mod to make it work. I don’t know if you could put briskets on the racks but the Camp Chef site says you can use it for chicken and ribs. They look interesting.

i use a folding snack tray. . You could also use a serving cart, or something like a Workmate workbench. Use your imagination, be creative. You may find that you don’t need the folding shelf. I see good “junk” everyday on the curb for the trash that could be used. It is free and can still be used for something.

FYI AND i know this is an older post but the large shelf is back in stock on the RT site. I prefer 2 small grates. They allow me maximum flexibility and I can reconfigure my grill set up on the fly. An added bonus with 2 small grates is that i can have a tall butt or turkey on one side and multiple racks of ribs on the other. Happy shopping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back