Gimme your best salmon recipe

Plumberguy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Wife and family have liked the pulled pork, ribs, trying to get them into more of a "weekday" smoker rhythm. What's your best hot salmon recipe? Smoke through or smoke/sear? I've seen some recipes on the site, but I'm lookin for the best -- 1-2 hours including prep?

BBQ Roasted Salmon

Been using this one for many years, good stuff, although I do not put on as much as the recipe calls for, maybe half.

A friend who fishes salmon in BC swears by this one The Only BBQ Salmon
not being a fan of sun dried tomatoes, I've not tried it.

Last edited:
salmon-sashimi-recipe.jpg

-Whole side of salmon from Aldi (around 18 bucks)
-Open it and rinse a little then pat it dry with some paper towels
-Put it on a tray
-Sprinkle coat with salt, pepper, brown sugar, maple syrup, and either lemon or orange zest
-Let it marinate open air in fridge for a day
-Rinse it again
-Pat dry with paper towels again and put back on a dry tray store in fridge open air for a few hours or more so it gets tacky to the touch
-You can put some more maple syrup, zest and spices on there before smoking. I've tried it both ways seems the same
-Smoke it at 285-300 for about 40 minutes or more depending on the size of the fillet and your grill until it reaches about 135
-Pull it and let it rest for a while until not hot to touch
-Serve on the cutting board at the table with pickled onions, hard boiled eggs, capers, fresh dill, creme fraiche, and toasted dark rye or pumpernickel bread. If you want a good salt kick add some caviar.

We make this like once a month and mix up the flavors a bit. Be creativez!

You're welcome!

109120527_10222987843185471_3840215148326423358_n.jpg
152741116_10224803015643648_4303968215615992011_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back