Stampede Front shelf thoughts

I looked last week and saw it in stock but now saying out of stock. Hoping I can get directions and everything needed to make one. Being disabled my wife does all the handy work.
Thank you. I missed that narrow window somehow.

Try calling them.. maybe just the site is not updated :unsure: ?
Just talked with a charming young lady who told me they sold out almost immediately. I hope she will carry through with her assurance to call me the morning the shelf is in stock. Thanks for the advice.

So I got my 590 a few days before Christmas and they didn’t have any of the front shelves in stock. Now that they do, what are your opinions on if it’s worth the extra 100 bucks. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• AFAFDB30-C6B5-4F43-B8BF-A62A567974F2.jpeg
    AFAFDB30-C6B5-4F43-B8BF-A62A567974F2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • 58246E4F-F643-42BA-9889-49656C4099D1.jpeg
    58246E4F-F643-42BA-9889-49656C4099D1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
So I got my 590 a few days before Christmas and they didn’t have any of the front shelves in stock. Now that they do, what are your opinions on if it’s worth the extra 100 bucks. Thanks everyone
I did a low tech wood shelf w/
There is a pretty long thread here on DIY front shelf: https://www.recteqforum.com/threads...front-shelf-with-competition-cart.2884/page-3

I think I may have $50 max in the one I built. Used red Oak stair treads from Home Depot and 1" brackets from Amazon. Shelf is wider and longer than RecTeq stainless shelf. Scroll up or down from the url above and there are a number of folks who built their own and they all look nice.

Mine is a year into the Rainy Pacific NW and looks like new except for some grease that I was too lazy to clean up.

I did a low tech wood shelf w/

There is a pretty long thread here on DIY front shelf: https://www.recteqforum.com/threads...front-shelf-with-competition-cart.2884/page-3

I think I may have $50 max in the one I built. Used red Oak stair treads from Home Depot and 1" brackets from Amazon. Shelf is wider and longer than RecTeq stainless shelf. Scroll up or down from the url above and there are a number of folks who built their own and they all look nice.

Mine is a year into the Rainy Pacific NW and looks like new except for some grease that I was too lazy to clean up.
Ooops. 12" brackets from Amazon.

I have the RecTeq shelf and as others have mentioned it looks nice but functionally it’s just ok. Too shallow. I would build it to your specifications.

Can you use treated wood when making a front shelf or does it need to be untreated? Thanks
Personally, I wouldn't, it's not the most attractive wood, but they make picnic tables out of it so it should be ok, I guess. I used Ipe, which will outlast the grill, though oak with spar varnish would be a good alternative. Really depends on the exposure to the elements.

Personally, I wouldn't, it's not the most attractive wood, but they make picnic tables out of it so it should be ok, I guess. I used Ipe, which will outlast the grill, though oak with spar varnish would be a good alternative. Really depends on the exposure to the elements.
I got the 12 inch brackets from Amazon, there are three holes you can put your screw through. Which one do you use. I’m thinking the middle one. Sorry for the dumb question but I no 0 about hardware or building

I got the 12 inch brackets from Amazon, there are three holes you can put your screw through. Which one do you use. I’m thinking the middle one. Sorry for the dumb question but I no 0 about hardware or building
I agree w/ Pungo on height.

I have a comp. cart w/ my 590 and the out-flare of the cart somewhat determined where I put the brackets. I had to drill out the hole to accommodate the bolt that attaches the barrel to the cart (25/64" carbide drill), a real pain in the tutu.

With the comp cart the top hole of the 12" brackets gave me almost exactly the proper length for the brackets to end before the out-flare. I put a "bumper" on the horizontal arms of the brackets to keep them from scoring the paint on the comp cart when the shelf is in the down position.

If you don't have a comp cart, some of this will not matter, except for the drilling unfortunately. Hope you have a friend w/ a drill press.

I got the brackets and got a simple piece of wood and my wife made me a simple but great shelf. I spent 25 bucks for everything.

Attachments

• 6E060396-F104-4A9D-AD81-A29734154A24.jpeg
    6E060396-F104-4A9D-AD81-A29734154A24.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back