Bull Former Trager grill owners.

I never owned a Trager but I was wondering why cooking times were longer than most recipes called for, I found the internal grill temperature around 25 degrees cooler than set temperature on the controller. I adjusted the RTD probe using the procedure in the manual seems better now.

Hello, I had the Texas Elite 34, basically equivalent to the 700 in size. I upgraded to the 700 do to constant flameout issues. I will say that the I do think the cook time are a little longer also but I attributed it to the fluctuations in temperatures on the traeger. Mine went 15 degrees +/- the set temp. Which is why I think the cook times were faster. The 700 having an accurate setting seems to use less pellets and produce more consistent results in my opinion

Hello, I had the Texas Elite 34, basically equivalent to the 700 in size. I upgraded to the 700 do to constant flameout issues. I will say that the I do think the cook time are a little longer also but I attributed it to the fluctuations in temperatures on the traeger. Mine went 15 degrees +/- the set temp. Which is why I think the cook times were faster. The 700 having an accurate setting seems to use less pellets and produce more consistent results in my opinion
I would have to agree with you on the temperature swing, but to be honest, I think the temperature swing added more smoke flavor. Thanks for your comment. PS don't tell Rec Tec about more smoke flavor, ?

I am also a new RecTec RT700 owner, and still have a Traeger Big Tex 34. I just couldn't take the Traeger issues any longer. Multiple flame outs. WILD temperature swings. On a good day, only plus/minus 20 (so anywhere from 200-255 for a 225 setting) but sometimes a plus minus 40-50. Pretty much totally inconsistent and unpredictable. And I've had the Traeger since around 2012. Never ever had success with it, and Traeger support has been totally useless - pretty much just offered a 20% discount on a new product when the one I had never worked right.

In my case, I'm loving the consistency of the RT700. I do not see any less smoke flavor, and to the contrary, I think I'm actually getting more.

i would say it was the temp swings. My Traeger amd my GMG were awful in that regard. My Traeger display would say 225 and my thermoworks probe would go from 225 to 275 i think thats why the Traeger seemed to cook faster. Just my 2 cents

Agreed. It seemed as though no matter what I did, the Traeger either flamed out, or tended to seriously vary on the temp - and typically getting a LOT hotter than it should. When trying to cook at 225, I frequently had to turn it down to a lower setting to just try and get it right. The P-Setting never helped. I had to watch that thing every 10 minutes of a cook. It was miserable. But it would explain why it might seem to cook faster. Because it wasn't cooking at the intended temperatures.

I would have to agree with you on the temperature swing, but to be honest, I think the temperature swing added more smoke flavor. Thanks for your comment. PS don't tell Rec Tec about more smoke flavor, ?
I like that extra smoke flavor too, so I put everything at smoke setting for a bit before I change the temp ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back