Flagship 1100

andyr78

After reading/watching everything I could over the last 2-3 months. I finally ordered the Flagship 1100. Hoping to have it delivered by the end of the week. Currently have an electric Masterbuilt smoker that takes wood chips. Looking forward to using my new Recteq and learning as much as I can.

Looks like you did the same as me and ordered just under the wire to get the 15% discount. I hope mine comes in this week too, but not optimistic about my chances. Ordered last Friday evening, so unlikely much has been done through the long holiday weekend.

Oh well...my Kamado Joe probably works just as good since it has a PID contoller too, albeit at a much reduced capacity and ease of use.

After reading/watching everything I could over the last 2-3 months. I finally ordered the Flagship 1100. Hoping to have it delivered by the end of the week. Currently have an electric Masterbuilt smoker that takes wood chips. Looking forward to using my new Recteq and learning as much as I can.
Like you, I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker also. That was my first smoker and it served it's purpose but couldn't get over 275. So much more you can do at higher temps. You are going to love it and all the things you can do with it.

I have a 700 and 380X and love both. I got the 700 first and use it quite often. It actually replaced my oven for usage. If it can go in the oven, it can go on the 700. Cooked whole meals on the 700 quite often. The 380X is a recent purchase and use it often for quicker, smaller cooks. Done 3 pork chops on it last night. It was the only thing fresh that needed to be cooked as we reheated the greens from a previous meal and just opened a can of Blackeyed peas.

Looks like you did the same as me and ordered just under the wire to get the 15% discount. I hope mine comes in this week too, but not optimistic about my chances. Ordered last Friday evening, so unlikely much has been done through the long holiday weekend.

Oh well...my Kamado Joe probably works just as good since it has a PID contoller too, albeit at a much reduced capacity and ease of use.
Yea, that's exactly what I did. I kept opening the same page over and over and finally just pulled the trigger. I ordered last Wednesday and my shipment just left GA this morning.

Like you, I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker also. That was my first smoker and it served it's purpose but couldn't get over 275. So much more you can do at higher temps. You are going to love it and all the things you can do with it.

I have a 700 and 380X and love both. I got the 700 first and use it quite often. It actually replaced my oven for usage. If it can go in the oven, it can go on the 700. Cooked whole meals on the 700 quite often. The 380X is a recent purchase and use it often for quicker, smaller cooks. Done 3 pork chops on it last night. It was the only thing fresh that needed to be cooked as we reheated the greens from a previous meal and just opened a can of Blackeyed peas.
The Masterbuilt was my first smoker as well. I am no where near a professional, I thought it worked well for what it is. When I first started looking I wanted the 700. I didn't make up my mind fast enough and they sold out of them while I was deciding. Recteq told me the Flagship was the replacement for the 700.

Yea, that's exactly what I did. I kept opening the same page over and over and finally just pulled the trigger. I ordered last Wednesday and my shipment just left GA this morning.
I recieved my shipping email around noon, will probably have to meet the truck as there is no way an 18 Wheeler is getting to my house.

I recieved my shipping email around noon, will probably have to meet the truck as there is no way an 18 Wheeler is getting to my house.
They come on short trucks too!

They come on short trucks too!
Man I hope so, however, my neighbor had to haul a trailer to the truck for his 700. That was a few years ago though.

I live on a single lane dead end private road with no turn around. Even the ups/fedex guys have a hard time.

Just got a text to schedule as early as tomorrow but says i must agree a semi truck can make it in and out. There is no way that can happen, so i guess ill have to call to arrange a meet up.

Man I hope so, however, my neighbor had to haul a trailer to the truck for his 700. That was a few years ago though.

I live on a single lane dead end private road with no turn around. Even the ups/fedex guys have a hard time.
Yeah Southeastern brought a shortie in my subdivision twice. Your road is challenged but I would gladly trade ya 😂

Yeah Southeastern brought a shortie in my subdivision twice. Your road is challenged but I would gladly trade ya

Yeah Southeastern brought a shortie in my subdivision twice. Your road is challenged but I would gladly trade ya 😂
I went ahead and scheduled Thursday, but going to call tomorrow and see what my options are. It is southeastern, so hopefully they have a shortie available.

No shortie for me, even though they told me it would be delivered on one. Had to drive 20 minutes one way to meet the semi truck and off load to my truck. Installed lava lock on the lids for grill and hopper. Going to burn in tomorrow morning and cook later on.

It's a good looking smoker. Pretty heavy but not too bad for the wife and myself. Can't imagine what we'd have done if it was a yoder, lol.

Im sure you will be very happy. I got mine on Thanksgiving and after doing the customary “biscuit hot spot test” have been smoking away. I am very happy with my purchas and results (watched a lot of you tube). I did buy a set of four 4” swivel casters with breaks from Amazon for under $27 (only come in sets of 4) that are identical to the ones that come with the grill except the hubs are white and the poly wheel portion is 0.2” taller/thicker (so beefier)- this was an awesome mod as it makes moving and turning the grill on a dime a breeze. I have a posting under the title 4” swivel caster with the link. Highly recommend this mod.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back