First Time Cast Iron

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Had to share my first cook with cast iron. Was really, really pleased with the results. One of the tastiest I've done yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
Had to share my first cook with cast iron. Was really, really pleased with the results. One of the tastiest I've done yet.
Looks great. Do you only use those pans on the grill or indoors too. If indoors, are they tough to clean?

Actually the first time using anywhere but indoors. Rinsed in hot water and wiped/dried off. look like they did before I started. Easy peasy

Actually the first time using anywhere but indoors. Rinsed in hot water and wiped/dried off. look like they did before I started. Easy peasy
Cool, I may give it a try this weekend. Brussels looked good, any bacon in there?

Cool, I may give it a try this weekend. Brussels looked good, any bacon in there?
Cooked all my bacon last weekend on a fatty, but kept the grease, so used it and onions. Had planned on using bacon but not fully prepared :)

My Mother in Law bought me an old 13" CI skillet 25 years ago. I took the hint and have been cooking on it ever since.☺

All the maintenance fuss about CI is over rated. I think it gives a slight flavor to what's inside of it and just about anything cooks well in it, even eggs. When things do become messy, a little soap and warm water works well and if you have something stubborn on it, try a sprinkle or two of salt as a mild abrasive. Once done put it on the burner or back into the oven to dry 100%.

Blues1, those look great! You're going to like CI cooking.

Cooked all my bacon last weekend on a fatty, but kept the grease, so used it and onions. Had planned on using bacon but not fully prepared :)
Familiar with that. Cook with what you have.

My Mother in Law bought me an old 13" CI skillet 25 years ago. I took the hint and have been cooking on it ever since.☺

All the maintenance fuss about CI is over rated. I think it gives a slight flavor to what's inside of it and just about anything cooks well in it, even eggs. When things do become messy, a little soap and warm water works well and if you have something stubborn on it, try a sprinkle or two of salt as a mild abrasive. Once done put it on the burner or back into the oven to dry 100%.

Blues1, those look great! You're going to like CI cooking.
Thank you, I am pleasantly surprised. Trying to do more with the flavor of my meals with something other than standard ribs, butts, briskets, etc. Trying to open it up a little more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back