Stampede First cook on RT 590

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So my RT 590 was sitting at the dock at SAIA freight. I thought they would just bring out to the house but it turns out that I needed to set an appointment for when they would deliver. I received the RT 590 and proceeded to assemble the next day. It took my wife and I about 45 minutes to assemble it was very easy. I like the fact that all the nuts and bolts were the same size eliminating any errors. Today we burned it in and cooked chicken thighs with bloody mary rub and french fries. The thighs were delicious and moist. I used a competition blend pellets Oak-Hickory and Cherry from Smoke Ring pellets. It gave a great light red color to the thighs. While we were eating my wife said what she liked the best was that the kitchen was not hot from the oven. Then she says, Since the RT was preheated I set the RT down to 350 and I am going to bake my sugar cookies in there. They also came out fantastic. Tomorrow we are going to have some cocktails and smoke some 3-2-1 ribs. Sunday will be brisket. We may never cook inside again. I am very impressed with the 590 and the build quality. The only negatives are, the drip pan is hard to get it in and out of the grill. Also, I ordered the vent covers and one has broken already. Other than that I am extremely happy with our purchase.

Here's a hint, to get the drip pan in and out easily you need to hold it at an angle, roughly 45 degrees to the opening, as well as a lesser angle front to back, drip end down. Easy peasy once you get the hang of it. Your wife is smart, these are a great convection oven for just about any kind of baking.

Thank you, Uncle Bob. I have some 3-2-1 ribs going right now but tomorrow when I clean the grill I will give that a try

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back