Stampede First Butt on the RT 590

Buster

Hi guys! I'm doing my first Butt on my new RT 590 today. It's been on for about 5 hours and the grill is working faultlessly. Holding the temperature within 5 degrees for the whole five hours. My experience using my grill last time was not as good. I had a rack of ribs on and my grill was cold when I went to check on it. Long story short, the auger had jammed. After clearing the obstruction, I was back at it however the grill would not stay at set temp. I checked it once on my app and it was +60 degrees. So after searching you tube I came upon the feed rate adjustment video and I set the feed rate to the low setting (30) for today's butt cook. It must have been the solution (I hope) because like I said, today it is keeping the temp great.

Attachments

• 97663096_611094326427593_5255555208699707392_n.jpg
    97663096_611094326427593_5255555208699707392_n.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 136
Let us know how it turned out...

everyones feed rate is different it seems, I have mine set at 15 or 1.5 for you app users, thats my sweet spot. regardless of temp outside I'm dialed in like a sniper!

everyones feed rate is different it seems, I have mine set at 15 or 1.5 for you app users, thats my sweet spot. regardless of temp outside I'm dialed in like a sniper!
Hi How did you find your sweet spot for the feed rate.?
Thanks Dan

Hi How did you find your sweet spot for the feed rate.?
Thanks Dan
I found the setting that my temps are holding at. Plus I whispered to my grill and I asked it while I was drinking, I swore it spoke to me lol :)

WOW these grills are magical :) I'm going to try it.(y) And what it says to me.
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back