Bull First Brisket

BugEater Keven

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
4.5 lb brisket, after trimming. Injected with beef stock overnight and robbed with hedger dust. RT-700 set to 230 degrees throughout. When probes reached 165 degrees, double wrapped brisket in heavy duty foil and 1cup beef stock. Left on smoker until probes reached 203. Removed from smoker and allowed to rest for 1 hour. Total time was 10 hours.

B9AE8908-5FB1-4D24-A845-E4064D7C588B.jpeg

F24F1B03-49BB-4C88-8A37-60380F18A2D3.jpeg

4.5 lb brisket, after trimming. Injected with beef stock overnight and robbed with hedger dust. RT-700 set to 230 degrees throughout. When probes reached 165 degrees, double wrapped brisket in heavy duty foil and 1cup beef stock. Left on smoker until probes reached 203. Removed from smoker and allowed to rest for 1 hour. Total time was 10 hours.

View attachment 17811

View attachment 17812
Looks wonderful. Congratulations on your cook. Let us know how it went from there.

It tasted excellent. My neighbors were either lying or extremely pleased with the result. Since the brisket was about 4.5 lbs after trimming the fat, the rule of thumb estimate of 1.5 hours per pound proved out in this case.

My neighbors were either lying or extremely pleased with the result.
There’s your first mistake; trying out your first brisket cook on the neighbors. ;) Now, every time you fire up the smoker, they’ll come running. :rolleyes:

Glad it turned out well; looks good from the photo. I don’t usually add liquid when I wrap as I prefer a little firmer bark, but yours looks good. Let us know when you will be doing your next brisket and I’ll make sure the Ferrari is gassed up and ready to roll so I can beat the neighbors to your front door. :ROFLMAO:

Great start. Looks like you are hooked.
Do a bigger one next time and let me know when to be there.

fun-sized!
If you do that size again, remember to take up all the other space with sides! Beans, mac-n-cheese-n-bacon, asparagus, etc. (actually bacon goes in all of those).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back